Yes, you read the title right, with this easy vegan Thai curry you can have a healthy, fast and delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
I learned to prepare this vegan Thai Curry years ago and it is one of the recipes that I know by heart. This one vegetarian curry recipe that I can trust it will always turn out delicious and healthy and everything you can think of.
One of the best things about this curry recipe is that you can use any vegetable you have on hand and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples. And if the store-bought curry paste and canned coconut milk are not a staple in your pantry…. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM ASAP!
tips, tricks & other recipes
- The Thai curry paste that I use, red curry paste , or green curry paste to make this dish very fast is from Simple Asia. Both flavors from this brand are pretty good. And, If you read the label, you will find it very clean. They make their curry paste with really clean ingredients.
- Thai curry is a paste normally made with red chiles, aromatics, and spices. It is delicious and very easy to make. If you prepare your curry paste at home, start by adding less curry paste than what the recipe calls for. Add gradually until getting the taste you want.
- When buying the canned coconut milk, look for the best you can find with the least ingredients. I like using full fat, but if you want a lighter version use the reduced fat can.
- I used carrots, potatoes and green beans for this recipe, but feel free to use any vegetable that you want. I have used cauliflower, peas, broccoli, etc and it always tastes delicious.
- Also, I love to serve this recipe with brown rice or quinoa. I love it when the grain absorbs the liquid and makes it really flavorful. So if you feel your Thai curry is a bit liquidy, serve it over rice.
- Here are other recipes that I love. Curry cauliflower soup, 20 min curry recipe, chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos.
So here is the recipe for this
Easy vegan thai curry
Easy vegan Thai curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion white or red onion
- 2 cups diced potato
- 3 carrots diced or cut into diagonal
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- a good pinch of sea salt
- Thai chili peppers jalapeños or serranos
- lemon juice
- Sauté the onion over medium heat with the coconut oil until softened.
- When the onion is soft, add the coconut milk and curry paste. Let the curry paste dissolve. Test and add need more curry if needed. I always start with a spoonful, and I gradually add more.
- Put the vegetables and half a cup of water. Add a good pinch of salt, cover and leave until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Serve on top of jasmine brown rice or noodles and finish with cilantro, chili slices, and lemon juice on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.