Now, that the kids started school and that my life is getting super crazy again I know that I have to have some pre-made dinner recipes. I just do not like it when we arrive home from after school activities and all the kids are starving and I have no clue what to feed them. This easy homemade enchilada sauce is the best and always saves me. I prepare it in large batches, store it in the fridge or sometimes freeze it.
This enchilada sauce is so versatile that can work in a lot of ways, you could use it to make enchiladas, or as a base for a soup or even as simple salsa.
Other idea: Black beans soup with masa dumplings
Other idea:Green Mexican soup with chickpeas
Here is the recipe for this
amazing, easy, homemade chipotle enchilada sauce
and hope that you like it. If you do, please share, the recipe and the blog.
Easy homemade chipotle enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil neutral taste I use avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 11/2 cups tomato puree
- 11/2 cup water
- In a saucepan add the tablespoon of oil and onion. When the onion is translucent add the garlic and leave for three minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the oregano, cumin, chipotle, and salt. Leave for a minute or until the spices aroma is released.
- Add the tomato puree and water. Mix well and simmer on low for five minutes.
- Test and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Using a food processor or a blender, liquefy until completely smooth.
- Store in jars in the fridge or freeze.