This 10-min perfect Mediterranean white bean salad is fantastic to take to a picnic on the beach or anywhere else. It’s ready in 10 minutes! This salad is ideal for days craving something fresh, healthy, and quick.
why are you GOING TO LovE THIS WHITE BEAN SALAD
I am sure you’ll love it because of the combination of flavors and the freshness of the ingredients, and it is so easy. You can make a salad by trial and without measuring the ingredients. It will always come out delicious.
You will learn this white bean salad recipe by heart very soon, and I am sure you will start to make your version of it soon. I love this salad because I can serve it in so many different ways, and it’s ready in 10 minutes.
And lastly, beans have amazing health benefits, they are an important source of fiber and plant-based proteín. They are very good for us and this is a very fun way to eat them.
NOTES on the INGREDIENTS
- White beans. You can either use canned beans or cooked beans at home. I almost always make this salad with canned or jarred navy beans because it is faster.
- You can use canellini beans, navy beans (beans), great northern beans or any other white bean that you have around or like the most. What’s important is to use a bean that keeps its shape.
- You can use chickpeas if you don’t have white beans at home and it will be delicious also.
- Tomatoes. I like to use halfed fresh Cherry tomatoes, but the truth is that it you can use any type of tomato. Use a roma or beefsteak tomatoes. It is not essential to remove the seeds or the juice, in the end everything gets mixed together and it’s delicious.
- Fresh herbs. It is best to use fresh, but if you don’t have any, you can use dried herbs without any problem. Change, swap or add more if you need to. For example use parsley if you don’t have mint or can use oregano if you don’t have dill
🔥 TIPS to find the best canned beans → check the labels, buy beans do not have extra ingredients →look for cans of beans that do not have salt so that you have better control over the seasoning of your dish →always buy canned foods that are BPA free
HOW TO MAKE WHITE BEAN SALAD?
All you have to do to prepare this salad is to put all the chopped ingredients in a salad bowl ( affiliate link ), mix carefully, and season. If you are going to serve this white bean salad later, or you will use it to go, do not add salt. Put it before serving it. Remember that salt removes the liquid from the food, and we do not want you to bring a broth instead of salad.
HOW TO SERVE THE MEDITERRANEAN WHITE BEAN SALAD?
I love this salad for a quick and light dinner or to accompany the main dish. But it is also excellent if you mix it with chopped spinach or short pasta (farfalle or penne work well).
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, write them in the comments section below. Happy I read them, and I will answer you as soon as possible.
MEDITERRANEAN WHITE BEAN SALAD IN 10 MINUTES
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- bowl to prepare
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1½ cup white beans cooked one can
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- lemon juice to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar with the two tablespoons of olive oil, add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and mix carefully so that the white beans do not fall apart.
- Just before serving add a little lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper, add the dressing and serve.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.