This is the easiest Mexican quinoa salad ever! It is delish and easy and full of Mexican flavors. During September, in Mexico we celebrate our Independence. So, what a better way celebrate than eating a healthy, easy and fast salad?
At home, my kids get really excited when we have this for dinner or lunch. The call it the “cold pozole salad”. Originally, “pozole” is a soup.It is hominy in a very flavorful chili based broth. You have to believe me, this salad is the easiest Mexican quinoa salad you will find!
Sometimes when I find uncooked hominy, I cook it at home, but now I use one that comes in a can. Buttttt I always read the labels, and I found one can that has nothing in it, just water. Remember to always read your lables⬅️ Obviously, my first option is always to cook everything at home but if I´m in a hurry or can’t find an ingredient I use canned ones?.
Here is the super easy and delicious Mexican quinoa salad. Hope you like it, and if you do please share.
Easiest Mexican quinoa salad
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 11/2 cups hominy
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3- tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl add the chopped onion and add the vinegar. Leave it there while you prepare the remaining ingredients or about 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, beans, hominy, orégno, salt, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix carefully, check for seasoning.
- To serve add chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds and / or chili serrano.