I’ve been a little bit lazy and in a total vacation mode lately. That means that I have not been cooking much. I know it is kind of weird as this is a food blog and I’m a food lover.
This type of salads are what we have been eating for lunch and even for dinner. Here is the recipe and hope you like it. I’m madly in love with the sweet and savory combination of this salad. It is amazing!
I prepared it with farro and kale, feel free to use any other green or grain you have around instead of farro. And…. I been so lazy that I made this salad with canned beans…?. But… I always look for the organic ones with just beans, not even salt in the ingredient list.
Farro, kale and navy beans salad with orange vinaigrette
- 1 orange about 1/2 -1/3 cup of juice, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- 9 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 or 4 handfuls kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 can navy beans drain if needed
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl mix the orange juice, zest of orange, apple cider vinegar, the garlic, dijon mustard, a pinch of salt, olive oil and maple syrup. Mix well.
- In a bowl add the kale, farro and beans. Dress slowly with the vinaigrette.
- Finish it up with the pomegranate seeds.