This is one of my favorite dressings, I just pour it over everything! Steamed rice, quinoa, greens, cucumber everything….
Somehow I had my doubts on sharing. I don’t really know why because it is in the cookbook of one of my favorite restaurants of all, Candle 79 and in the cookbook It’s All Good from Gwyneth Paltrow (What it is with her, right? She is super good looking, funny, smart and can cook!!!) and in magazines like Bon Appétit. But it was until yesterday that I decided to post this recipe.
I went to the supermarket and they sell tons of different versions of this dressing, so I thought… it is time. Even though my recipe is inspired on the two books I mentioned above. My version is super different, it is made with no oil at all.
And even though I’m a super fan of good oils, I like having a non-oil version around. I normally use this non-oil version dressing for days we eat something that has a little bit more of fat or in very rare occasions fried food.
It is an amazing dressing to have around, it makes magic to everything it touches. It turns even simple steamed brown rice into a flavorful, bold and delicious dish. Love to have it around in the fridge. The salad you see in the pictures was made with whatever I had in the fridge: cabbage, dinosaur kale, cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa and sunflower seeds. Make your own combination of flavors and please share.
Carrot and ginger dressing
- 11/2 cups <g class="gr_ gr_77 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation replaceWithoutSep" id="77" data-gr-id="77">carrots about two large carrots, peeled</g> and cut in chunks
- 2 scallions white and light green parts
- 1 tablespoon of ginger chunks
- 1/2 cup silken tofu soft
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar or honey
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Let the blender run until dressing is creamy and smooth.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.