This ginger and grapefruit shot is one of my favorite wellness shots recipes. It is strong, powerful, sweet, and perfect for any time of the day.
You know that I love juices and smoothies. I even wrote an e-book in Spanish with 32 smoothie recipes. It is my favorite way to start the day, but I feel I have not written enough of wellness shots, healthy shots or juice shots. They have a lot of names.
This shot recipe in for not for partying and does not contain tequila or another type of alcohol. But you still could use it to say cheers, it is so good that you will feel like it.
What is a wellness shot?
A wellnes shot is when you make a concentrated juice of foods with super powers. And by super powers I mean super concentrated nutrients, that give our body a super boost.
I like to drink them when I start to feel that I don’t have as much energy as I normally do or that my defenses are getting too low, I like to take a shot of lemon and garlic for example.
Depending on the ingredients you put into this super-concentrated juice, is what you get in vitamins and minerals. There are so many different wellness shots. Some of the more popular are wheatgrass juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar , grape vinegar, turmeric, and a combination of these ingredients. Some combinations have different benefits, for example: for energy, detox juice, a shot of vitamin C, and so on. It all depends on the combination of ingredients you make.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- It is essential to say that the ginger shot has benefits and superpowers, but like a juice or a smoothie, they are a healthy drink, and that’s it. You should always consult our doctor before drinking them and do not take them as medicine.
- When you start drinking juice shots, start slowly. Since the shots are concentrated ingredients, they can be very strong on the stomach.
- Just like smoothies or juices, start small. And when you already love these types of juices, you begin taking more quantity, and you can make it more concentrated.
- This combination of grapefruit and ginger juice is super-rich and fresh. But you can prepare them with oranges if you don’t have grapefruits or lemons if you don’t have either.
- It is a shot because it is taken in small quantities, prepare it in a small glass or mason jar.
- If you don’t have a juicer , use your blender. Blend everything and then strain it.
- It’s better if you do it and drink it immediately. Juices and shots do not keep all their benefits for long.
- Here are some of my favorite recipes for juices and smoothies:
So here is the recipe for the
ginger and grapefruit shot
and I hope you like it as much as we do. When you make it share a picture of it on Instagram, Fb or save it for later on Pinterest. I would love to read your comments in the comment section and if you could give this post a star rating would be amazing.
Ginger and grapefruit shot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 2 cups of carrots in big pieces or baby carrots
- 2 large grapefruits peeled and cut into squares
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric turmeric powder
- Pass the garlic and ginger first through a juicer. Then start adding some of the carrots and then some of the grapefruit, and so on until you finish.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and drink immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.