Avocado-toast is one of the best ways ever invented to eat toast. But this gluten-free kimchi avocado toast is another level of deliciousness. This toast is an explosion of flavor in every bite. (Note: not all kimchi is vegan. Double-check and read the labels before buying)
And I know the way I prepare it is not the traditional way of doing avocado toast, but I feel this way you can have a more even bite every time. Kimchi is a staple in Korean cuisine and it is so good for you because it is made with fermented vegetables. So it has all of the good stuff that benefits our gut.
And when kimchi avocado toast is made with a piece of gluten-free bread, like the one from Little Northern Bakehouse it becomes a complete nutritional amazingness.
I’m so impressed by this sprouted 7-grain loaf! All seven grains are gluten-free, so as Little Northern Bakehouse says… there are 7 reasons to love this loaf. The grains are whole and sprouted…sprouted brown rice flour, sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted red and white quinoa, sprouted amaranth, gluten-free sprouted quick oats, sprouted millet. Isn’t it impressive?????
And when you toast it keeps its delicious texture and flavor. That’s what I like about Little Northern Bakehouse, they are a real bakery that offers real bread that it is also gluten-free, vegan, peanut and nut-free, non-GMO, and non-glyphosate verified.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- I love, love kimchi. I do buy it though, don’t prepare it at home. I like the very spicy one. But if it is your first time eating kimchi start with a mild one.
- Again, if it is your first time eating kimchi keep in mind that it is fermented food, it can be a little smelly when you open the container. The smell will pass, no worries.
- Kimchi usually coms in big chunks, I chop it to have a more even bite.
- For this Avocado kimchi toast, you can use any of Little Northern Bakehouse loaves: Millet&Chia, Seeds&Grains, Whole Grain Wide Slice, White Wide Slice, or 7 sprouted grains.
- Here are other ideas for sandwiches and toasts: grilled zuchinni sandwich, roasted vegetable sandwiches, and gluten-free cauliflower banh-mi.
So here is the recipe for this
GLUTEN-FREE KIMCHI AVOCADO TOAST
and I hope you like it as much as I do. Share a picture of your toast on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. Don’t forget to check out all of the Little Northern Bakehouse’s page and try all of their products. They have brand new products!
Avocado Kimchi Toast
- ½ cup kimchi chopped
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 avocado large
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons vegan mayonnaise
- 4 slices of Sprouted 7 Grain
- Toast the slices of bread
- Mix the kimchi, scallions, toasted sesame oil, and salt. Add the avocado and mix carefully.
- Spread about 1teaspoons of vegan mayo on each slice, top with the kimchi avocado mix and finish with the black sesame seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.