This mango Verde salad is the easiest thing in the world, and it is done with only 4 ingredients. You can chop the mango in chunks, slice it, julienne it, or even shredded if the mango is really under-ripe.
What is mango verde?
It is green mango (mangos verdes) not because it’s a special type of mango green on the outside, it is green because it’s an UNDERRIPE mango.
It is very common in Latin America, India, Malaysia and Thailand to eat them like this.
Best way to eat mango verde (green mango)
This green salad can be eaten as a snack or salad. I hope you like it and eat it during the weekend or on vacation.
My mom made us this ensalada verde (green salad) when we were kids. These were the types of snacks we had over the weekends, jicama with chamoy, cucumbers, carrots, etc., and a bag of chips or tortilla chips with salsa verde.
Best way to cut the green mangoes
- For this salad, you can chop the mango in two ways: in julienne (which are the sticks) or in large cubes. Of course after peeling it. For me, the easiest way to peel it is with a vegetable peeler. As the mango is green and firm, you peel it very quickly with the peeler.
- If you are going to serve it as a salad, it is better to cut the mango in julienne, but if you are going to serve it as a snack, it is better in large cubes. Really, however you cut it, this salad will be delicious.
Other ways to eat mango verde
- Mango verde con chile. This translates to green mango with chili, I like to add any hot sauce or ground chile ancho and a pinch of salt.
- Mango Verde con sal. This translates to green mango, underripe mango, with a pinch of salt. Sometimes I add a splash of lime juice to it.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Green mango salad, ensalada de mango verde
- vegetable peeler
- 2 under ripe tommy mangos
- 1 chopped serrano chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons of juice
- sea salt to taste
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice and the chopped onion, set aside.
- Diced the mango, slices or julienne, whichever you prefer.
- Put the onion and lemon juice to the mango, then the chopped serrano chile and salt sea.
- Stir and check for salt, lemon and chili.
- If you do not eat chile, just add it for flavor and remove it before eating the salad.
- You can also use lemon juice instead of lime
- Use jalapeño instead of serrano peppers if you do not want it so spicy.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.