Today is the day I’ve been waiting for all summer long. Yes, my vacation starts today and since yesterday my brain is in “vacation mode”. I had like million things to do and all of my brain chips were in other place, it took me forever to get things done.
The good thing is that last week I took the pictures of this green mango salad. And it is green mango not because it’s green in the outside, it is green because it is made with UNDERRIPE mango.
My mom made us these salad when we were kids. These were the types of snacks we had over the weekends, jicama with chile, cucumbers, carrots, etc. and a bag of chips or tortilla chips. And the truth is I can not say which dish finished faster, all flew from the dish the minute they came out of the kitchen.
This salad is the easiest thing in the world and it is done with only 4 ingredients. You can chop the mango in chunks, slice it, julienne or even shredded if the mango is really under ripe. The salad can be eaten as a snack or salad. I hope you like it and eat it during the weekend or vacations. Here is the recipe, I hope you like it, and if yes , please share it, the recipe and the blog.
Green mango salad
- 2 under ripe tommy mangos
- 1 chopped serrano chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons of juice
- sea salt to taste
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice and the chopped onion, set aside.
- Diced the mango, slices or julienne, whichever you prefer.
- Put the onion and lemon juice to the mango, then the chopped serrano chile and salt sea.
- Stir and check for salt, lemon and chili.
Please share, sharing is caring: