This green Mexican soup with chickpeas is perfect for a chilly night or if you want to start introducing new flavors to your family.
Super easy and delicious Mexican soup with chickpeas! It is a combination of flavors between salsa verde and green posole, it is delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare. Don’t you just crave a something flavorful and Mexican from time to time?
Related content: Healthy Mexican burritos
So here is the recipe for the best
green Mexican soup with chickpeas
and I hope you like it. If you do, please share, the recipe and the blog.
Green Mexican soup with chickpeas
- 10 tomatillos peeled and washed
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups water
- 11/2 cups cooked garbanzo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole serrano chile
- To serve:
- -2-3 Pieces of romaine lettuce sliced
- -4 Radishes into pieces
- -1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- -orégano dry for dusting
- -1 Avocado diced
- pumpkin seeds pumpkin seeds
- -corn tortilla chips baked or fried
- In a large pot place tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, and water. Cover and simmer until tomatillos are fully cooked, they must be light green and very soft.
- With a food processor or blender, blend the vegetables with salt.
- Return to the pot and add the chickpeas and serrano chile. Simmer and taste, if the broth is to thick add about a cup of water and try again,add water slowly until you have the right consistency.
- Serve in a bowl and top with shredded lettuce, cilantro, oregano, radish, avocado, pumpkin seeds, and chips.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.