This green Mexican soup with chickpeas is perfect for a chilly night or if you want to start introducing new flavors to your family.
Super easy and delicious Mexican soup with chickpeas! It is a combination of flavors between salsa verde and green posole, it is delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare. Don’t you just crave a something flavorful and Mexican from time to time?
Related content: Healthy Mexican burritos
So here is the recipe for the best
green Mexican soup with chickpeas
and I hope you like it. If you do, please share, the recipe and the blog.
Green Mexican soup with chickpeas
- 10 tomatillos peeled and washed
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups water
- 11/2 cups cooked garbanzo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole serrano chile
- To serve:
- -2-3 Pieces of romaine lettuce sliced
- -4 Radishes into pieces
- -1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- -orégano dry for dusting
- -1 Avocado diced
- pumpkin seeds pumpkin seeds
- -corn tortilla chips baked or fried
- In a large pot place tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, and water. Cover and simmer until tomatillos are fully cooked, they must be light green and very soft.
- With a food processor or blender, blend the vegetables with salt.
- Return to the pot and add the chickpeas and serrano chile. Simmer and taste, if the broth is to thick add about a cup of water and try again,add water slowly until you have the right consistency.
- Serve in a bowl and top with shredded lettuce, cilantro, oregano, radish, avocado, pumpkin seeds, and chips.