I have had an idea in my mind for quite a while now. I started to develop it last year. For one thing or another, I have not finished. But this week, at last, I decided to stop procrastinating and get my hands on it again and finish.
I will have the Spanish version ready in January, and from there I will set a due date for the English version. I promise it won’t be that long after the first version in ready. For now, I will maintain it a secret, but, I promise to give updates as the launching date gets closer and closer. ?It is scary, but exciting, so I think it is a good thing.
In the meantime, here is a great salad recipe. I love it so much because it is like the intro to late fall and winter produce. It is no coincidence that there are different types of produce during the seasons. In Summer, the produce is full of liquid and nutrients that keep us hydrated. In Winter, we need vitamin C, so it is when citric fruits are at their best.
That it is why it is better to eat locally grown produce, it has all of the nutrients we need to be around that area. So if you see, when grocery shopping, local produce, buy it and if it is organic, much better.
Here is the recipe and hope you like it, if you do, please share it. Let us start loading up our bodies with VITAMIN C, shall we?!!
Greens and mandarin salad with jalapeño, mint and cilantro vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded, deveined and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- pinch of salt
- 4-6 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 11/2 cup of mandarin or orange into pieces
- 2 cups rice cooked quinoa or millet * Optional
- To prepare the vinaigrette add onion, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, herbs, jalapeño and salt in a jar or bowl. Mix well.
- Put the greens in a salad platter, the mandarin, cucumber, and if you’re using, the grains.
- Mix well with your hands, add the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.