This salad is perfection and one of my favorites, especially the cilantro mint dressing.
All the recipes I share on the blog, at least, I make them twice, depending on how “difficult” they are. Difficult in quotes because I hardly make anything too complicated. This cilantro mint dressing, I’ve prepared it like ten times, and not because I want to be sure it tastes right, it is because it has become my new addiction. This dressing is made with cilantro and mint and has a secret ingredient to make it creamy and delicious. And the best part is that this dressing tastes better the next day.
Salad bowls have been my favorite meal so far this summer. I love them! Sergio suggested that I should post a recipe for a pizza or sandwiches or something that catches more your attention, not just a “salad bowl “. But for me, nothing grabs more my attention than a meal done fast, delicious and very nutritious.
Related content: Brown rice, black beans and grilled pinapple salad
I prepared this salad with quinoa and black beans. But the truth is that you can make it with what you have in the fridge. If you have rice, it would taste delicious, if you do not have pumpkin seeds and have other seeds, use them. What I can love of salad bowls, is that there are no rules, no exact measure, everything is eyeballed and what you have on hand. Here is the recipe for this delicious
salad with cilantro mint dressing
and I promise I’ll think about the pizza or sandwich, but for now, this is my new obsession. Please share the recipe and the blog and if you prepare it please post it on Instagram with the #piloncilloyvainilla.
Quinoa, black beans and cilantro and mint dressing
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mint
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- * optional 1/2 serrano chile
- 5 cups of green leaves
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa or brown rice already cooked
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in half
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado diced
- To make the dressing mix everything well in a blender. Test and adjust the flavor if necessary. Refrigerate while preparing the salad.
- For the salad you can mix the quinoa, beans, seeds and tomatoes in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt. And then put the mixture on top of the green leaves and then dressing.
- Another option is to put a bed of green leaves and add all the ingredients as layers and then drizzle with the dressing.