These grilled vegetable kebabs with romesco sauce are one of my favorite ways to use the produce that I didn’t use during the week.
And I know that everybody loves to eat super healthy and delicious, right? But we all also love recipes that come together really fast without making a huge mess in the kitchen. This recipe is also a great way to finish your week produce. You know, when you have that ONE zucchini that you find at the end of the veggie drawer. Or that overripen red bell pepper… well this is your recipe.
The only thing that you have to do is cut the vegetables in similar sizes, season them, and add some olive oil. Then you start forming your kebabs, and you’re done! Aren’t you happy? 🙌
Ideas, tips & other recipe
- Really, use any vegetable you have. They all taste super delicious roasted. Roasted broccoli is the best, roasted cauliflower also the best, pumpkin, onion, mushrooms … EVERYTHING.
- For this recipe, I used a spice blend from The Spanish Tin that is very good. They sent them to me as a gift to try, and I loved them.
- But you can also make your mix of spices like this recipe roasted chickpeas with chipotle and other spices, or with these that I used to make the chickpea patties, or really, whatever spice you prefer. Salt and pepper, Cayenne, oregano …
- I served them with brown rice and romesco sauce, and we all loved them.
- If you have leftovers, save them and prepare pasta dish, sandwiches, tacos or even quesadillas.
This is an idea of a balanced menu: - Mexican vegan lentil soup or black bean soup - These kebabs with brown rice and romesco - Brussel sprouts salad - Chocolate avocado-pudding pudding for dessert
So here is the recipe for
GRILLED VEGETABLE KEBABS WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
They are really the best, and you will love them. The best thing is that without planning it so much you have a super delicious dish rich in vitamins and minerals and that everyone will enjoy. If you like it, please share the recipe on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Grilled vegetable kebabs
- 1 red onion cut into pieces
- 3 roma tomatoes cut into thick slices
- 8 oz of mushrooms
- 2 yellow squash cut into thick slices
- 2 zucchini cut into thick slices
- 2 peppers cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon of spices mix or seasoning of your choice
- 1 good pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Wooden or stainless steel sticks to make skewers.
- 2 roasted red peppers can be of a jar
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons of sherry vinegar or red wine
- 2 garlic cloves small
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl put all the vegetables, put the seasoning, salt and olive oil. Mix with your hands until every piece is well covered with oil and spices.
- Make the skewers and put them on the grill until done, about 10 minutes in each side.
To make the romesco sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, blend until everything is perfectly well integrated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.