This grilled vegatable sandwich with delicious and classic pesto (basil, parsley and pine nuts) is perfect for a picnic, quick dinner or party.
This grilled vegetable sandwich with classic vegan pesto super easy and delicious.
Remember last week when I put the pesto recipe that always saves me and I shared some ideas of how I use it and how I suddenly get a delicious dinner, an incredible meal, or I fix the seasoning of a soup or dish that maybe needed a little extra kick…This pesto always saves the day. Well, here is the complete recipe for one of those ideas.
Obviously, the first step is to have the pesto ready in the fridge and then the rest is a breeze. You can make this grilled vegetable sandwich with anything you have in the fridge…really, everything will taste yummy. I usually make mine with roasted eggplant, peppers, and zucchini. I will put Dijon mustard on one slice of bread and pesto in the other…then the roasted veggies and mixed salad greens to top it off. The important thing with this type of sandwich is that everything must be well seasoned, for example, the roasted vegetables should have salt and pepper. Same with the mixed greens, before putting them on the sandwich make sure they have oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Everything has to taste delicious individually so when it comes together it’s…AMAZING!
First, I”ll give you the recipe for this.
ROASTED VEGETABLE SANDWICH WITH PESTO
that is incredibly yummy and will get you out of a bind in no time. Believe me, over these past few weeks this recipe has been a lifesaver ( and I think it will continue to be because I’m still dealing with house issues) and maybe it will help you out too. Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you like it please take a picture and share on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla and #brownsugarandvanilla.
Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- 4 individual ciabattas or a baguette divided into four
- 4 tablespoons of classic pesto
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large eggplant sliced lengthwise
- 2 large yellow, red or orange peppers without seeds and cut lengthwise
- 4 zucchinis sliced lengthwise
- 4 small bunches of mixed salad
- salt and pepper
- olive oil to taste
- Half the bread and set aside. Add salt and pepper to the vegetables and put them in a pan over medium heat with a little olive oil to brown. When they are golden on both sides remove them and set aside.
- In a large bowl put the mixed salad and season well with a little lemon or white wine vinegar, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Mix well and set aside
- To make the sandwich, in each ciabatta or baguette, put the dijon mustard on one side of the bread and a spoonful of pesto on the other. Divide the slices of roasted eggplant, zucchinis and peppers between the four halves. Divide the mixed salad equally and cover the sandwich. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.