Last week I went to the supermarket with Romina, in evry single asile we passed, she asked for something. Everything from toys to cereals. In each aisle we had to stop so she could read the ingredient labels of what she wanted to buy.
Everything she asked for was a no, not that , we do not eat that, that’s not food … until she found a bag of raw chocolate chip cookie dough. I read the ingredients and I had to buy it for her. It was a total yes, I even was surprised. That snack met all my rules; food and non-chemical ingredients, few ingredients.
We opened them up in the car, and they were delicious, I loved, loved them. I remembered when I was little and I loved to eat raw cookie dough when we prepared cookies with my mom.
It was the eternal argument between my brothers and I. Who would get the spatula, who would get the bowl or the blender attachment. Didn’t you loved it too? Here in my house everyone wants something. So I felt like a super-mom having these snacks in the fridge.
They are made with coconut, almonds and maple syrup, dark chocolate, almost all goes in the food processor and are not baked or anything, just put it in the freezer or fridge.
Here is the recipe and hope you like,if you do please share the recipe and the page. I’m sure that if each of us teach our children to eat better, we will have healthy children, taht will become happy teens and clam adults. This kind of recipes are super easy to prepare, super nutritious and somehow prove that eating healthy is yummmmy.
Healthy cookie dough snacks
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond flour almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate into small pieces
- In a food processor add the coconut. Turn and leave until it is in bits, little ones like rice. Do not let go long because the coconut can transform into cream.
- Add the almond, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup. Pulse until all is incorporated, about 3 times.
- Add the chocolate, stir it with a spatula, after removing the metal blade from food processor.
- With your hands, form balls and place them on a tray or platter you can put the freezer.
- When you finish making the balls Put them in the freezer for 10 to 15 until firm again.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.