Since I started BrownSugar&Vanilla, my main objective has always been to give you ideas and recipes on eating cleaner, healthier, without processed products, and as close to nature as possible. Always eating delicious meals that nourish our body, soul, and mind. This healthy homemade frappuccino has it all.
HEALTHY HOMEMADE FRAPPUCCINO ingredients
- Coffee. You can make this frappuccino with normal brew coffee or espresso, whichever you prefer.
- Almond milk, can be homemade or purchased. You can also make it with coconut milk or oat milk.
- Cocoa powder. It is important that you look for cocoa without sugar. Using hot chocolate mixes will not work for this recipe. Pure cocoa powder is needed.
- Dates, look for pitted dates. You can soak them in hot water to soften them up a bit before blending it.
- Frozen bananas. When you have overripe bananas or that are getting bad, peel them and put them in a silicone bag or freezer container. So you always have them ready to make healthy smoothies or ice creams.
How to make a healthy frappuccino?
Really, making a healthy breakfast is the easiest thing in the world; just add all the ingredients to the blender and mix until ready. What is important is that we use the most natural and least processed ingredients. Start blending slowly and gradually increase the intensity; this makes everything better mixed and with a creamier texture.
Tips and tricks
- If you leftover coffee from your day, do not throw it away, freeze it in ice cube trays. Another advantage of using coffee ice cubes in the frappuccino or other beverages is that your drink will never be watery.
- You can add hemp, chia, maca seeds or any other superfood you have to this coffee drink.
- Another idea is to put vegan protein powder in it so that you have a super frappuccino.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients to suit your taste.
- If you don’t have frozen banana, add some ice in there.
- If you want to make it more dessert-like, you can finish it with vegan whipped cream.
🔥SUPER TIP🔥 Always taste the frappuccino or smoothie when it is in the blender. This is the easiest way to adjust the flavor. Do not wait to serve it, give it the first drink and discover that you have to add more milk or more sweetener.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this healthy homemade frappuccino, and I hope you make it pretty soon and take a picture of it. When you do, don’t forget to take a picture of it and put it on Instagram or FB for me to see. If you will do it later, save it on Pinterest, and don’t forget to leave me your comments, ideas, questions, and or anything else in the section below. Give it 5 ✨!
Healthy Homemade Frappuccino
- 1 cups coffee, cold or regular brew
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 pitted dates
- 1 frozen bananas
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust the flavor, serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Esta receta apareció por primera vez en Piloncillo&Vainilla en agosto 2015.