This healthy Mexican pasta and veggies soup is a must in every Mexican home. It is the kind of soup that heals, nourishes and makes everybody happy.
Sofia came home from school on Monday afternoon with a fever. I have no idea what happened, she was perfect in the morning and suddenly… B-A-M, she was sick. She was feeling ok, just a bit tired and super hungry. The only this she asked for was soup, healthy Mexican pasta and veggie soup. So I made her soup.
Related content: Carrot and ginger soup
Related content: Healthy Vegan Frito Pie
Here is the recipe for this
healthy Mexican pasta and veggies soup
and I hope you like it. This soup is super comforting, delicious and it really makes you feel better.
Healthy Mexican pasta and veggie soup
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4-6 cups water
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 11/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup small pasta
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 11/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 cups of kale washed and chopped
- Blend the tomato, onion, and garlic together with the salt.
- In a pot add the tablespoon of oil and pour the tomato mixture, let it simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- When the tomato and aromatics mixture changes color to a strong red, add the 4 cups of water, carrots, peas, a sprig of coriander and pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked, put the chickpeas and kale leaves.
- Serve when the kale leaves begin to wilt.
- Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add more water if the soup needs it.
- Serve with lemon juice.
I like to use DeLallo pasta.