Healthy chips, yes they do exist, healthy sweet potato chips. They are amazing and super easy to prepare, my kids love to make them and eat them. The best part is that they go good with any dip or seasoning. For this recipe, I used smoked paprika and cumin. They are absolutely delicious.
This healthy vegan snack is also straightforward to make, and it is perfect for making it with your kids. The only “difficult” part about this recipe is that you have to use a very sharp knife or a mandolin . But let me tell you how to exactly make this healthy tasty snack.
how to make baked sweet potato chips?
- Wash and pat dry your sweet potatoes. Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife slice them.
- Place them on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Season the sweet potato slices with the seasoning of your choice. Add a bit of oil.
- Bake for ten minutes, turn the baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes more.
Tips, tricks & other recipes
In this list, you will find some helpful tips and tricks that I’ve found and think will make your life easier while making these healthy sweet potato chips.
- For these baked chips, I like to use small-ish sweet potatoes; I think they look more beautiful and get a better crunch.
- You could use any color or a mix of all.
- I also prefer to use a mandoline to slice the vegetable instead of a knife. When using a mandoline, we can achieve an even thickness of the sweet potato, which translates into even cooking. If you are using a sharp knife, try to make the thickness of the slices as even as possible.
- When placing the sweet potato slices on the tray, do not overlap them. It is better if each slice has its own place on the baking sheet.
- You can season the baked chips with anything you like. I mean, even with only salt and pepper will taste good. But if you feel a bit adventurous, use chili powders and a mix of spices.
- I have this recipe for baked sweet potatoes with a homemade Latin spice mix that is very, very good.
- These chips are perfect on their own or with freshly made Mexican salsa Verde, with guacamole, drizzled with chamoy sauce, or vegan Mexican crema.
- You can even prepare them as healthy nachos with refried beans and all the finishing topping I mentioned above.
So here is the recipe for these homemade
healthy sweet potato chips
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Healthy sweet potato chips
- 3 sweet potatoes thinly sliced with a mandolin or sharp knife
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablesspoons neutral tasting oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchement paper or a silicone mat.
- Slice the sweeet potatoes and put them in a bowl with the oil and spices. Mix well with your hands so that everything is well covered.
- Arrange potato slices on a tray try to not overlap.
- Put in the oven for ten minutes then rotate the trays and leave for 5 extra minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.