Who says you can’t enjoy the taste of a delicious Caesar salad when you’re vegan? Try this Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad that has the same great taste without the dairy.
Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad
If you miss the taste of a traditional Caesar Salad, but you haven’t had one since you decided to live a vegan lifestyle, you’ll love this Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad. It doesn’t contain dairy, but it does contain fresh, tasty ingredients, including capers, dijon mustard, and crisp romaine lettuce. It’s easy to prepare in minutes, leaving you with a satisfying meal to eat as an appetizer or main dish for lunch or dinner.
The Ingredients You’ll Need to Prepare the Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad
If you’d like to make this delicious Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad, be sure to have these important ingredients ready to use:
- Almonds. Cut your almond into slivers or buy slivered almonds in advance.
- Olive Oil. You’ll use the olive oil as the base for your dressing to use on the salad.
- Lemon Juice. Add a slight acidic tang to your salad with the lemon juice.
- Dijon Mustard. Use a bit of dijon mustard to add the perfect touch to your salad.
- Romaine Lettuce. Rinse your romaine lettuce before preparing the salad.
The only other ingredients you’ll need to have include drained capers, a garlic clove, and a pinch of salt. You’ll combine your ingredients, except for the romaine lettuce, to prepare a flavorful dressing.
How Long Does It Take to Make the Salad?
It should only take about 10 minutes to prepare the Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad. You’ll need a few minutes to add your dressing ingredients to a blender, mix well, and then arrange your lettuce on a plate or in a bowl. Pour your dressing over the lettuce before serving.
The Different Types of Lettuce You Can Use
While romaine lettuce is traditionally used in a Caesar salad, you can use other types of lettuce. Use what you have available, such as iceberg or butter lettuce, both of which will taste amazing with your vegan-friendly dressing.
How Many People Does It Serve?
When you follow this Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad recipe, you’ll have enough for six people to enjoy a fresh and flavorful appetizer. You can serve the salad before your main course or eat it for lunch by itself. The salad is also great to pair with a vegan-friendly roll.
How Do You Store the Dressing?
Pour your dressing into a plastic or glass storage bottle. You can even use a mason jar if you happen to have one available. Place the lid over the container and put your dressing in the fridge, using it within a week on your lettuce. Before opening it to use it, give the container a good shake to mix all your ingredients for several seconds before pouring them over your bed of lettuce. Feel free to sprinkle some vegan croutons on top of your salad for an added crunch! If you’re unable to find vegan croutons, you can always use more slivered almonds to give you the crunch you desire.
Here is the recipe for this
healthy vegan caesar salad
Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of drained capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- 4 romaine lettuces
- Silvered almonds to serve
- Put in the blender all the ingredients for the dressing and blend, if it is very thick, add a little water. Try and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Clean and prepare the lettuce as you like, in pieces or whole leaves.
- To serve, place the romaine leaves in a dish, drizzle some of the dressing and finish with slivered almonds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.