This recipe for this healthy vegan Caesar salad is the only one you’ll ever need to serve all of your delicious Italian dishes.
I do not know why people think that us, vegans, only eat salad-lettuce-spinach. In every party or social gathering that I’m invited, I’m always asked for a salad. Everyone knows that I’ll be in charge of the salad. LOL!
And it is fine because I have under my sleeve some killer and fancy salad recipes. Like this healthy vegan Caesar salad. I always imagine that they think I will bring a super hippie vegan salad dish or that I will probably serve something weird or not edible at all.
But no, when I arrive with salads like this or healthy and delicious dishes they always become curious about my food. I really love it! It makes me super happy to inspire people in a better way of eating. I love it when they see my blog and see what we actually eat. For real… one of the most common comments I get is… WHAT DO YOU EAT? Or another one super common is … OH, I thought you only ate greens. 😳
So they really get surprised when they taste this salad or some of my other vegan recipes.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- This healthy vegan recipe salad calls for slivered almonds if you do not have slivered almonds, use regular almonds, sliced or cashews.
- Taste your vegan Caesar dressing when it’s in the blender, that way if you need to adjust it will be easier. It should be tangy, flavorful and creamy.
- Feel free to add other vegetables to this salad. The dressing taste very good with broccoli, cauliflower, and spring greens.
- Here are other salad ideas that are not “weird” or hippie 😉: Magic dressing salad, Mexican quinoa salad, roasted asparagus salad
This is how I serve dinner at home, this is our complete and well-balanced menu: ・lentil soup ・vegetable ragu and this salad, ・dessert a fruit or this mousse.
Here is the recipe for this
healthy vegan caesar salad
Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of drained capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- 4 romaine lettuces
- Silvered almonds to serve
- Put in the blender all the ingredients for the dressing and blend, if it is very thick, add a little water. Try and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Clean and prepare the lettuce as you like, in pieces or whole leaves.
- To serve, place the romaine leaves in a dish, drizzle some of the dressing and finish with slivered almonds.