Craving chocolate but need a vegan-friendly option? These Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles are delicious and do not take long to prepare.
What Are Truffles?
Truffles are a sweet chocolate treat that you can enjoy as a midday snack or dessert after dinner. While traditional truffles are delicious, they are usually not vegan-friendly. When you are craving a chocolate treat that contains absolutely no dairy, you need to try these Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles. Not only do they taste delicious, but they are also so simple to make, and you will only need four ingredients to create them.
What You Will Need to Make the Healthy Vegan Truffles
Preparing these delicious Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles is simple. You will only need the following ingredients:
- Dates. Be sure to use pitted dates.
- Pecans. You will need a cup and a half of pecans to mix with your other ingredients.
- Unsweetened Coconut. Use grated coconut or grate it yourself before you use it.
- Cocoa Powder. The cocoa powder gives these truffles their delicious chocolatey taste.
You can also add just a pinch of salt into the food processor with your ingredients.
How Long Does It Take to Make the Truffles?
It will only take about 15 minutes to prepare your ingredients. Because you do not have to bake these truffles, you can enjoy them immediately after preparing them. You can also put them in the fridge to allow them to chill before eating them.
How Many Servings Does It Make?
When following this recipe, you will have about 24 of the Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles. You can always choose to double the recipe if you would like to make more because these truffles are irresistibly good. Your family will love them!
Do I Need a Food Processor?
Yes, you will need to have a food processor for this recipe. Using a food processor is the simplest way to pulse your ingredients into tiny pieces before you begin shaping your truffles into balls with your hands.
Before you begin rolling the mixture in your hands to create these Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles, run your hands under the faucet for a few seconds. If your hands are slightly wet, the ingredient will not stick to them nearly as much, making it easier for you to clean your hands when you finish.
You can add a few other spices to the mixture to give your truffles a unique, delicious taste. Cinnamon is just one of several spices that blend in perfectly with the dates, pecans, and cocoa powder. Experiment with different spices each time you make these truffles.
How to Store the Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles
Be sure to put your Healthy Vegan Four Ingredient Truffles in a food storage container with a lid and keep them in a cool, dry area. You do not need to refrigerate these truffles, but you can do so if you enjoy eating them while they are cold. If you keep them in the fridge, these truffles will taste good and stay fresh for up to a week.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- It is better to pulse all the ingredients in the food processor instead of letting it run. When you use the pulse function you have control over how finely chopped are the ingredients. If you let it run it can easily become pecan butter… and this is NO-BUENO to form the vegan truffles.
- When forming these little balls of yumminess wet your hands a bit so the mixture doesn’t stick. Press them firmly so they don’t fall apart.
- As I always tell you, use the best ingredients that you can find. Read the labels of everything you use and only buy products with ingredients that you know.
- These vegan truffles will also taste delicious if you add cinnamon or other spices, they would taste delicious either way.
- Here are other recipes that I love. Recipes that are perfect for a sweet tooth, a healthy treat or a little pick-me-up: brownies, vegan banana bread, winter strawberry cake, or my favorite…. vegan chocolate cake.
So, here is the recipe for these
vegan four-ingredient truffles
Healthy vegan four ingredient chocolate truffles
- Food processor
- 20 dates pitted
- 1½ cup pecans
- 1/4 cup grated coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Put everything in the food processor.
- Pulse several times until everything is well mixed.
- With your hands form the truffles.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin