This smoothie recipe is my favorite smoothie recipe ever. To tell you the truth, this is the recipe that made me obsess over smoothies.
This vegan smoothie recipe is not only delicious; it is super easy to make and a winner with kids. I also love that all the ingredients are interchangeable. Let me explain… if you don’t have kale, you can use spinach. The same with the blueberries, switch them up with strawberries or other berries that you have on hand. Keep trying until you have your favorite smoothie.
First, you need to buy the best ingredients that you can find. The freshest greens, the most delicious berries, etc. You get the idea, right? Please don’t think that you can add wilted greens or mushy berries to the blender. The most flavorful smoothies come when using GOOD ingredients.
Second, a good blender. There are a lot of powerful blenders out there. Invest in a good one; you will soon notice the difference in everything that you blend.
Third, a good recipe. This is a trial and error process, but you will get there. Search online for different options and experiment with your favorite ingredients until you find your favorite recipe ever.
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- It is effortless to make excellent and tasty smoothies. But don’t forget that it can quickly become a complete meal. So, try to balance the calorie amount and don’t overdo it.
- A well-balanced smoothie is a great way to “drink your salad” in the morning, so don’t hold on to your greens. Add and add all that you want.
- When my kids were young, I gave them this exact vegan smoothie, but they drank it in colorful cups. So, if you have young kids, give them their favorite smoothie in colorful fun cups. They will “inhale” it and would not complain about drinking healthy drinks.
- When buying superfoods and vegan proteins, always read the ingredients. Buy stuff with no artificial ingredients or added sugar.
- This is the order I use to make creamier smoothies: first, I add the liquid to the blender; then I add the greens, then the frozen fruit, and at last the superfoods and fats.
- Here are other smoothie recipes that I love: pink beet smoothie, tropical smoothie bowl, carrot cake smoothie, green juice.
Here is an important tip, TASTE your smoothie while it is in the blender. This way, you can adjust the flavor easier.
So here is the recipe for my
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- 2 bananas frozen
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Blend all the ingredients and enjoy.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.