This is probably the shortest post ever of BrownSugar&Vanilla. And it is not because I have nothing to say, it is because homemade almond milk is so, so easy and simple to make, that I´ll be done in a flash.
Three simple steps? It is that easy to prepare homemade almond milk, and the best part of it is that the same method is used for other nut or seed milk. So, if you know these three simple stems… you will be able to prepare any vegetable milk at home.
Step one to make homemade almond milk
- The first step to making homemade almond milk is to soak one cup of almonds in water overnight or for 4 hours at least. I soak them in a jar or bowl. Cover them with a kitchen towel.
Step two, rinse and blend
2. Step two is to blend the soaked almonds with three cups of fresh water, the sweetener of your choice, and a pinch of sea salt. Throw away the water where you soaked the almonds, give them a quick rinse, and put them in the blender.
step three, strain the nut milk
3. Step number three is to strain the mixture through a nut milk bag. Do not panic if you do not have one, just use an old t-shirt, an old kitchen towel or a piece of cotton gauze. Pour the mixture over this and squeeze. And you’re done. Isn’t that super easy?
tips, Tricks & other recipes:
- To make this homemade almond milk use raw almonds, don’t use roasted, salted, etc. Raw almonds work best.
- After you are done, taste the milk and adjust to your taste while it is still in the blender. Add more liquid or more sweetener, make it super delicious so you can add it everywhere.
- You can use this homemade almond milk exactly the same as you use other vegan beverages. You can cook with it or use it in your cereal, coffee, etc.
- If you are gonna use it in savory dishes, do not add the sweetener, just a pinch of salt.
- Here are other recipes that go amazingly well with a glass of cold almond milk: pancakes, vegan chocolate pancakes, chocolate zucchini muffins and the best vegan chocolate chip ever.
- Do not throw away the pulp left behind when you make homemade almond milk. You can use it to make energy balls or add it with the oat while making granola. Or, you can bake it until dry, blend it and use it en every recipe that calls for almond flour. Like these almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
So here is the recipe for this homemade almond milk that is super delicious and the best part is that it only has GOOD things for your body. No chemicals, no carrageenan, no funny and funky stuff. Pure goodness. Try it and if you like it please share it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Homemade almond milk
- Nut milk bag
- High-speed blender
- 1 cup almonds soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 3 dates *if using
- pinch of salt
- Drain the almonds, rinse and put them in the blender.
- Add three cups of fersh water, dates, pinch of salt and blend. Start with a low speed and go up gradually. Let the blender run for a while.
- Empty milk to a bowl covered with a piece of cloth or milk bag to strain the milk, squeeze the pulp well, squeezing as much liquid as possible.
- Store the milk in a glass container with a lid in the fridge. Use it like any other milk.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.