Making almond flour at home is the easiest thing in the world, really. If you have five minutes and slivered almonds (blanched) at home, that’s it; you already have homemade almond flour.
Two types of almond flour
- Almond flour. This flour is made with slivered and blanched almonds. This flour is finer in texture and has a lighter color than almond meal.
- Almond meal. This flour can be made with sliced almonds or with whole almonds. Almond meal can also be made with the pulp leftover from the almond milk.
- The two types of almond flour can be used in any recipe that calls for almond flour. The final result, what is going to change is the color and the texture, just that bit.
💡TIP Almond flour is not a 1: 1 substitute in recipes calling for all-purpose wheat flour. This type of flour has different properties than wheat flour. So do not substitue with all purpose flour.
Things i need to make homemade almond flour
how to make almond flour at home?
In the blender, put a cup and a half of blanched almonds, I prefer to use slivered.
Run the blender for about 30 seconds. Turns off. Move the container from side to side so that nothing is stuck at the bottom. Turn on the blender again, and run until it has the texture you want. It should be light and fluffy.
🔥WARNING If you leave the blender running for a long time, the almond flour can be turned into ALMOND butter, so it is better to do it carefully and little by little.
Other Recipes that you may like
✎ How long does almond flour last? ONE MONTH. If you keep the almond flour in the cupboard in a tightly closed jar, it lasts for a month. THREE MONTHS. This flour can be stored perfectly in the freezer for up to three months.
So here is the recipe or method of how to make almond flour at home, and I hope it is useful for you. Now that you will always have it at home prepare cookies with almond flour, almond flour bread, crackers, and many more recipes.
Save it on Pinterest if you’re going to do it later.
Homemade Almond Flour
- 1½ cups slivered blanched almonds
- Put the almonds in the blender container and blend for 30 seconds. Stop and shake the container. Blend again until light and fluffy.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.