This homemade biscuits recipe is one of the easiest recipes there is. Can you imagine having all-vegan biscuits freshly made? With this recipe, you can.
This biscuit recipe has 5 ingredients, and you make it super fast. Best of all, everyone in your house can help make them; children love making this type of bread. They are perfect for breakfast with blackberry or raspberry chia seed jam, or you can even serve them savory with a vegan cream cheese.
These are vegan and amazing. They are so easy and fast to prepare; you’ll be amazed. You’ll want to eat for breakfast and as a snack.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE vegan BISCUITS AT HOME
- Wheat flour. Use all-purpose wheat flour. If you use whole wheat flour, make sure that it is finely ground.
- Salt. For me, the best salt to cook with is kosher salt.
- Baking powder. You need 2 tablespoons, and yes they are tablesppons, not teaspoons.
- Coconut oil. Use filtered coconut oil, so it doesn’t taste like coconut.
- Vegetable milk. I like to use homemade almond milk or oat milk works well here too.
- Lemon juice * optional. Lemon juice is used to make them more fluffy.
✨NOTE The lemon juice is put into the milk and is totally optional.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BISCUITS
- Mix the powders and add the coconut oil. Mix with a pastry cutter, two knives, or a fork. It is better not to use your hands. The texture you are looking for is wet sand.
- Then you add the milk and with a wooden spoon, mix everything very well.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and carefully form a rectangle. Spread it out a little with a rolling pin and fold the edges inward. You stretch again and fold again.
- Cut, place the vegan homemade biscuits on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat, and put in the oven.
TIPS & TRICKS TO MAKE THE BEST BISCUITS
- I make them in squares because it’s faster to prepare them, and you don’t waste any dough.
- Do not overwork so that you have layers of traditional bread from biscuits.
- It is important that the fat you use, in this case, coconut oil, is cold. This makes them flaky and smooth.
- If you want, you can finish them with a mixture of coconut oil and maple syrup.
Here is the recipe for these homemade biscuits, and I hope you like them if you do please share, the recipe, and a picture of your creation on Instagram and FB. If you want to make it later, save it on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
- 4 cups wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup cold coconut oil
- 1 cup rice milk or other vegetable
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients very well and add the coconut oil.
- To mix coconut oil and dry ingredients, you can use two knives or a fork. The idea is that they integrate very well and form the consistency of wet sand.
- Add the milk and mix well until a ball is formed.
- Prepare a baking dish with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Put the dough on top of the parchment paper and with your hands form a disc, fold it in half and press again, and fold again. Continue until you form a square about one inch thick. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.