There is nothing easier than making crackers, it is just a matter of deciding to prepare them. It usually takes me more time to decide to start, than the time I spend making them.?
But, the minute I start preparing them, I enjoy it from the begining. The dough is so easy to make and so easy to work with…
You can flavor them with whatever you think of, spices, all kinds of salt, seeds, nuts. It all depends on your taste. For this recipe I chose a mix spice blend and some seeds.
It really is as easy as mixing, rolling. flavoring and cutting. Another great advantage of baking you own crackers is that you know exactly what it is in your food. You have the power on choosing what kind of flour, oil and spices you have. Y-O-U are in control.
That is one of the best parts of home cooking!! Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy it, and if you do, please share.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2-1 teaspoon coarse salt Maldon or fleur de sal
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds not toasted or salted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix both types of flour, garlic powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the olive oil and mix, when well-integrated add the cup of water. Mix well until all comes together. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and let it rest for ten minutes.
- <g class="gr_ gr_54 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation multiReplace" id="54" data-gr-id="54">Meanwhile</g> combine the paprika, the coriander, sunflower, sesame and cumin seeds with the salt in a small bowl.
- Roll out the dough over parchment paper or a lightly floured surface. Roll until it is 1/8 of an inch thick.
- When done, using a pastry brush or your hand, lightly brush some water over the rolled dough. Sprinkle with the spice and seed mixture and cut in rectangles, triangles or the form that you like.
- Place the crackers over a baking sheet prepared with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake at a 400ºF degree oven for 20 minutes, rotating trays after ten minutes.
- The crackers are done when golden on top and firm to the touch.
- Let them cool completely over the tray.
[inlinkz_linkup id=576092 mode=1]