This is the only cranberry sauce you’ll ever need on your Thanksgiving table. It is tangy, sweet, with tons of texture and delicious. Best of all, you make it with only FIVE ingredients.
Yes, FIVE, and you only need one pot to make it. So this cranberry sauce recipe is perfect in every way.
I love Thanksgiving, even though it is a Holiday I didn’t grow up celebrating, we do not have it in Mexico. But since we arrived in the USA, we have always celebrated it. I love the idea of having one special day to celebrate with our loved ones all of the things we are grateful for.
The funny thing is that the Christmas Eve menu I had as a kid is very similar to the Thanksgiving one. We even had cranberry sauce, but canned. At my parents’ house, the menu was not vegan but there were always tons of vegetarian options to choose from.
And as you can guess, those were my favorite. So, when we started celebrating Thanksgiving we made it vegan and with tons of homemade dishes.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- How to make cranberry sauce at home?? It is so easy that you will make this recipe from now on. It may be easier to prepare this vegan sauce at home than to go and buy it.
- For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen cranberries. If you use frozen you do not have to thaw them.
- I like a very thick cranberry sauce, but if you prefer a looser version, just add water.
- I love to make my own sauce at home. Here are some recipes: authentic Mexican salsa verde, chia jam, Sriracha sauce, butternut pasta sauce.
Here is the recipe for this
Homemade Cranberry sauce
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 orange zest and juice
- Put all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are cooked. Mix regularly. It takes about 15 minutes to be ready.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.