I decided to elevate a classic summer treat by using homemade graham crackers. This classic treat can be made vegan and a bit healthier. Let me tell you how.
There is a secret…
This recipe for homemade graham crackers is straightforward to prepare, and it has a secret ingredient. It is a vegetable.
Yes, I had to sneak up a veggie in there. Because, you know me, I ‘m not a huge fan of food dyes and crazy amounts of sugar in my kid’s food. I love to try and make treats in a bit healthier always. This recipe for homemade graham crackers is vegan and oil-less.
And it is also made with organic and whole wheat flour.
Go to the One Degree Organics website so you can learn more about their products and the farmers they work with. They have a ton of different kinds of flour (this is the one that I used for the vegan graham crackers), cereals, granolas, tortillas, and various types of bread. I’m pretty sure you’re going to love them.
How to make homemade graham crackers?
- Mix. Mix the sweet potato puree with the almond butter, maple syrup, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the flour.
- Knead. Knead until you form a soft and easy to handle dough.
- Roll and cut. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick over parchment paper or a silicone mat. Cut into squares and pop into the oven.
- Bake. Bake the homemade graham crackers until golden.
So here is the recipe for these
homemade graham crackers
and I hope you like them and eat them all summer. If you make these graham crackers do not forget to share your picture on Instagram or Pinterest so I can see and share your creation. It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Homemade graham crackers
- ½ cup of sweet potato puree
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 cups flour organic sprouted whole wheat flour
- Turn the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl mix the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, almond butter and sugar. Add the flour and cinnamon and mix until a soft and easy to knead dough forms.
- Dived the dough into two sheets of floured parchment paper or a silicone mat sprinkled with flour. Roll it out into two rectangles about 1/8 in thick. Divide the dough into large squares with a table knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- When ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool a bit before preparing the s’mores.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post was sponsored by One Degree Organicas in 2018.