When two of my favorite drinks come together I become the happiest woman on earth👏. Hopefully you too get super happy when you try this horchata matcha.
Matcha is delicious, so vibrant in color and refreshing! But it also has tons of benefits. Did you know that matcha has a super power to help us calm our minds? It also has the power to boost our metabolism and it is full of antioxidants and vitamins… and all good stuff for us. And on top of that it is delicious.
This recipe for horchata matcha takes only 4 ingredients without water… and that’s it. Seriously, nothing more. The inspiration for this horchata matcha comes from my last trip to Target. It is so funny because every time I go Sergio, my husband, goes crazy! Hahahha 🙈🙄He says I become dangerous in there! And who doesn’t, everything is amazing in there, don’t you think? Well as soon as I went in I saw massive sign advertising matcha. But all of them containing too much sugar and cream and things that aren’t healthy for us.
Here are some tips and tricks for buying matcha:
- Please read the labels of everything you buy. And yes matcha too. Look for one that is organic, pure, and has no extra ingredients.
- You could also prepare this drink with storebought rice milk or any other
- If you are using
store boughtmilk, you coauldskip the belndingprocess and use a mason jar, here is a video so you can see what I’m talking about: matcha latte.
So here is the recipe for this
And I hope you like it as much as I do. If you make it please share on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. And don’t forget to share a picture of it and if you are drinking it for breakfast, or for lunch or even dinner!
- ½ cup of brown rice soaked all night
- ¼ cup of cashews raw
- 6 cups of water
- 2-3 teaspoons of matcha powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Soak the rice overnight. The next morning, drain and rinse with fresh water.
- Put in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until all is creamy and delicious.
- Test and adjust the flavor if needed.
- Strain it with a fine strainer while serving into a jar or a pitcher.
- Serve it with lots of ice and if you want to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
This post contains affiliate links.