When two of my favorite drinks came together, I became the happiest woman on earth. Hopefully, you too get very excited when you try this refreshing and delicious horchata matcha.
What is matcha?
Matcha is a ground type of green tea leaf; there are two primary grades of matcha: ceremonial and culinary. The purest is the ceremonial one; it is intended to be dissolved in hot water and drank hot tea. This matcha has vibrant lime green, and it’s made with younger leaves from the first harvest.
What are the benefits of matcha tea?
Matcha is delicious, vibrant in color, and refreshing! But it also has tons of health benefits. Did you know that matcha has a superpower to help us calm our minds? It also has the power to boost our metabolism, and it is a powerhouse of antioxidants and vitamins.
What is authentic Mexican horchata horchata?
Horchata is a very common agua fresca in Mexico’s culinary world. You will find horchata in every Mexican food menu, in every agua frescas’ cart, or paleterías.
The authentic recipe consists of white rice, cinnamon, sugar, and water. This recipe is for a vegan horchata (dairy-free), and I make mine with brown rice. Other recipes have condensed milk, milk, or even evaporated milk. You could use either oat as I did in my recipe for vegan and healthy Mexican horchata.
What is a horchata matcha?
This recipe for horchata matcha combines both worlds matcha and horchata. Imagine a matcha latte but with a hint of cinnamon. It is perfect, and you can take it very cold with a lot of ice or take it warm.
How to make the horchata matcha?
Blend all your ingredients in a high-speed blender. Depending on your taste and your blender, you can strain it or not. If you decide to strain the horchata, use a milk bag or an old kitchen towel.
Adjust the sweetness and the amount of matcha to your taste. Make it delicious so you can have it again and again.
Here are some tips and tricks for buying matcha:
- Please read the labels of everything you buy. And yes matcha too. Look for one that is organic, pure, and has no extra ingredients.
- You could also prepare this drink with storebought rice milk or any other
- If you are using
store boughtmilk, you coauldskip the belndingprocess and use a mason jar, here is a video so you can see what I’m talking about: matcha latte.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this horchata matcha, and I hope you like it as much as I do. Please share it on Instagram, FB, or save it for later on Pinterest if you make it. And don’t forget to share a picture of it if you are drinking it for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
- Milk bag optional
- ½ cup of brown rice soaked all night
- ¼ cup of cashews raw
- 4 cups of water add more as you go if it needs extra
- 2-3 teaspoons of matcha powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Soak the rice overnight. The next morning, drain and rinse with fresh water.
- Put in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until all is creamy and delicious.
- Test and adjust the flavor if needed.
- Strain it with a fine strainer or a milk bag while serving into a jar or a pitcher.
- Serve it with lots of ice and if you want to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post contains affiliate links.