This is the best way to make a kale salad that the whole family will love.
Kale is full of antioxidants and full of many other nutrients that protect us from several types of cancer. It has a lot of iron even more so than meat. Kale has a lot of fiber that helps to clean and detoxify our body. The omega-3 content gives our brain the nutrients it needs for top performance and if that wasn’t enough kale also lowers our risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Kale has a perfect balance of magnesium and calcium, and when you add a little lemon juice to it, you can absorb the calcium much better. It also has vitamin A, K and a lot of vitamin C. Why kale?? Because kale is delicious! Just look at the picture… don’t you wish you could have a bowl of this salad right in front of you to taste it?
Tips and tricks to prepare this salad:
- Choose smaller leaves for freshness and milder flavor.
- Look for crisp, green leaves without yellow spots or holes
- Cut off the stems but do not throw them away. Use them for juicing, or for soups.
- If your family does not like kale at all… start slow. Start by adding less kale and more veggies or combine it with spinach or other greens.
- For this salad, I prefer green kale. For sauteeing or baking I use dinosaur kale or purple.
This is the recipe for
THE BEST KALE SALAD
It is very easy to make and perfect for a summer day. If you like it please share it and my blog. Please don’t forget to tag me with @pilloncilloyvainilla when you share your creations on Instagram so I can see how they turned out or Pin it and save it for later.
- A bunch of kale
- 1 teaspoon olive almond or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 or 3 carrots julienned
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 radish thinly sliced
- In a big salad bowl, put the washed kale leaves torn into bite-size pieces. Add the salt and teaspoon of olive oil and massage them; this helps to soften them up.
- When the leaves look a little “wilted” put the rest of the ingredients. Mix carefully and serve immediately