You can use this vegan tofu ricotta cheese in many recipes, you will see. You can use it to make fried lasagna rolls or finish a soup, or even make a sandwich. This tofu ricotta is creamy, flavorful, and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients to prepare tofu ricotta
- Tofu. Use extra firm tofu and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Lemon. You can use the lemon zest as well.
- Garlic. It is better to use pressed garlic, so it mixes better with the rest of the ingredients.
- Nutritional Yeast. This is the nutritional yeast I use, I buy mine on Amazon, but it’s fine whatever brand you like.
- Red crushed pepper. Just because a little chili makes everything taste better, don’t you think?
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make tofu ricotta cheese?
- Food processor . The easiest way to do this tofu ricotta recipe is in the food processor , put everything in the container, press it, and that’s it. The nice thing about doing it this way is that you can control the texture really well.
- Blender. Add everything to the blender and turn on on low-medium speed. I don’t love this method because the ingredients may not mix well, and you can’t control the texture.
- By hand. Beat all the ingredients by hand with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Beat, beat, beat until everything is well mixed and has the consistency of ricotta cheese.
How to use vegan tofu ricotta.
- This vegan cheese is perfect for making lasagna. You can make the traditional lasagna or the deep-fried lasagna rolls that I have here on the blog.
- You can finish these zucchini noodles with a tablespoon of vegan ricotta on top, and you’re left with a delicious and complete meal.
- You can finish a vegetable soup or lentil soup with a scoop of it.
- It is also delicious with this roasted vegetable sandwich.
Other recipes that you may like:
If you want to make this recipe later on, save it on Pinterest.
Tofu ricotta recipe
- Food processor
- 1 -14 oz block of extra firm tofu (400 grs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic , pressed
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until everything is well mixed and you have the ricotta consistency.Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
The nutritional information of this recipe and of all on the page is approximate. Exact values are not guaranteed.