This homemade tomato sauce recipe is perfect for making it, storing it and always having the most delicious tomato sauce for pasta, “caldillos,” soups, or any other dish that needs canned tomato.
Ingredients for homemade tomato sauce
- Tomato (tomato), use any type of tomato that you like. I usually do it with whichever tomato is on sale or in season.
- Basil, basil is optional, sometimes I add it and sometimes I do not.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO SAUCE AT HOME?
The recipe is mostly an idea, the amount of tomatoes, onion, and garlic you use may vary, but I promise you it will never taste bad. The flavor will vary but it will always be delicious.
Really, making this sauce is the easiest thing in the world. You just put all the ingredients in a baking dish , put them in the oven, take them out, blend, and that’s it. You can keep it in the refrigerator or freeze it.
HOW TO FREEZE THE TOMATO SAUCE?
- You can put it in special freezable containers.
- You can put it in ice molds and thus gradually remove what you need.
- You can also freeze it in freezer bags. If you’re using this method, let the sauce cool before putting it in the bag. Don’t fill the bag; fill about 3/4 of the bag and lay it flat so it is flat. It’s easier to freeze them like this.
HOW TO USE THE HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE?
- This sauce can be used in any recipe that requires tomato puree. For example:
- You can also use it as-is and pour over cooked pasta for a very simple pasta-recipe.
- You can serve it as a soup with a vegan quesadilla or a grilled cheese sandwich.
- You can also use it as a base to make a vegetable soup or, if you make it without basil, for any vegan Mexican recipe.
BENEFITS OF MAKING TOMATO SAUCE with fresh tomatoes AT HOME.
- Making tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes in only needs four ingredients, and all with tons of nutritional properties. The one that never ceases to amaze me is basil. It is an excellent protector of our DNA, protects our heart, and has the same enzyme as anti-inflammatory medicines, but naturally. That is why I say that it is the best tomato sauce in the world.
- The tomato has a lot of vitamin A that helps our vision. Tomato also helps our circulatory system, cares for the skin, prevents constipation, is a diuretic, and is an excellent antioxidant.
Here is the recipe for this homemade tomato sauce and I hope you like it and make it many times. When you do, take a photo of it and put it on Instagram or FB and tell us how you used it. If you’re going to do it later, save it on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible to give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have questions or ideas, put them in there.
Homemade tomato sauce
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- A bunch of basil optional
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF. In a baking dish put the basil in the center (if you are using it), cover with the onion, the tomato, cut it in half or large pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves and stuck them in the tomatoes, as if you want to hide them inside.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- You put it in the oven until the tomato looks cooked. Normally the rind looks very dehydrated and there is juice on the plate.
- Blend until smooth.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe appeared first on 2013.