This is the best way to make vegan hot chocolate. This chocolate is perfect, thick, and with the perfect amount of sugar. Finish this hot chocolate with your favorite toppings.
Ingredients to make the best vegan homemade hot chocolate
- Milk. You can do it with any vegetable milk that you like or that you have at home. The one I like the most is almond milk.
- Chocolate. Look for dark, sugar-free chocolate. It is better if it is with cocoa content above 60%.
- Cane sugar. It is better if you add it little by little until it tastes perfect for you. The amount I suggest in the recipe is just that, a suggestion. Don’t make the hot chocolate too sweet if you’re using whipped cream and mints to finish it up.
💡How to choose the best chocolate? • Normally the higher percentage of cocoa the chocolate you choose has, the closer it is to its natural state. And if you get it organic, even better. • As in everything you buy, the less ingredients you have the better. • Look for a chocolate that sugar is not the first ingredient. The less sugar you have, the better. • Buy a chocolate bar that contains fat from cocoa butter or coconut oil. Don't buy chocolates with hydrogenated fats.
How to make hot chocolate at home?
- There is only one step to make this thick, delicious, and hot vegan chocolate. You have to heat the milk with the chopped dark chocolate and sugar.
- Mix until everything is well integrated.
- Finish with vegan whipped cream, crushed candy canes, vegan marshmallows or your favorite toppings.
Here are other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this vegan homemade and delicious hot chocolate which is thick and creamy and everything you can imagine in a cup of cocoa .
When you make it take a picture of it and share it on Instagram or FB or if you are gonna prepare it later save it on Pinterest. It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Vegan hot chocolate
- 4 cups almond milk
- 5-6 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 4-6 tablespoons of sugar
- pinch of salt
- coconut or other vegan whipped cream
- crushed peppermint candy canes
- shaved chocolate
- Chop the chocolate as small as you can.
- Heat the milk on the stove over medium heat. When it is very hot and about to boil add the chopped chocolate, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix until completely melted and well integrated.
- If you want, you can beat it with an immersion blender or in the blender to make the mixture more homogeneous.
- Serve in cups, add a tablespoon of coconut whipped cream, and sprinkle the pieces of the crushed peppermint candy canes on top.
The amount of chocolate and sugar depends on you, how chocolaty and sweet you like this drink.
If you have any leftover whipped cream, store it in a jar in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.