This hummus with roasted garlicky mushrooms is perfect for a night with friends and a glass of wine or the days you need an easy dinner.
This is one of the best ways I have found to eat hummus as a complete meal. It is delicious and extremely satisfying. I eat it with a freshly baked baguette and a glass of red wine. The best part of this recipe is that you can use
And it looks beautiful too. The first time I ate this was at a restaurant and it came sever on a wooden platter. I was hooked the minute I saw it. An now it has become one of my favorite foods ever.
tips, tricks & other recipes:
- Try to make your own hummus, here is my recipe and if you are using store-bought, do not serve it cold. Serve it room temperature.
- In this post you’ll find the best way to cook mushrooms.
- Use any type of mushroom that you have or buy a mix. i love to use a combination of serveral types. I feel that the more types of mushrooms I use the more umami flavor I get.
- Here are other of my favorite mushroom recipes: Mushroom and leek soup, Mexican vegetables soup, mushrooms and cauliflower Shepherd’s pie.
This is a perfect dish for the holidays. I love it when I have unexpected guests or when I have to take some kind of appetizer to a party. Here is the recipe for this
hummus with roasted garlicky mushrooms.
Hope you like it, and if you do please share the recipe and the blog. Share this recipe on INstagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. And if you want to recieve recipes every week in your inbox please join my list with the signup form.
Hummus with roasted garlicky mushrooms
- 1 basic hummus recipe or one 10 oz store bought container
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a medium frying pan on medium-low heat put the spoonful of olive oil and mushrooms.
- Leave for about 10-15 or until they begin to brown.
- While you can make the hummus or go serve it on a platter if you will use it bought.
- When the mushrooms are starting to brown add the chopped garlic and turn constantly to prevent from sticking.
- When the garlic starts to smell and brown, add the salt and the lemon juice. Turn for about 2 minutes until the lemon juice absorbs.
- Serve the mushrooms on top of the hummus and finish with a dash of olive oil and some fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- Serve with hot baguette or pita bread.