This is the recipe for basic hummus, use this recipe as a base and add and adapt as you wish.
I love hummus and this recipe for the basic hummus, the simplest hummus, is one of my favorites ever. You can prepare it with canned chickpeas or home-cooked ones. With both types of chickpeas, this recipe will turn out great. This basic hummus works as a base, as a canvas for any flavor profile you would like to add to it. Maybe you love jalapeño hummus or mint and lemon, or chipotle hummus. You decide, use your creativity and make the best of this recipe for
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas can be canned
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves roasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, the juice
- tbsp salt
- To roast the garlic, put it in the toaster oven or skillet with the skin still on. It is important not to burn it. Remove from the skillet when it starts to roast.
- Add the beans to the jar of a blender or bowl of a food processor with the tahini, garlic (peeled) lemon juice, olive oil and salt.Blend until creamy.
- Test for seasoning and enjoy. Serve with chips, tortilla chips or crudités.