Jalapenos …. mmmmm. They are amazing and have the power to turn everything they touch into deliciousness. This hummus is spicy, flavorful, super-nutritious and it is so addictive. I did it on Friday and was hoping to save some for Monday’s lunch …. but when I checked the container there was NOTHING!
Normally, during the weekend, my kids have permission to eat chips (yes, I let them eat chips, as long as they have no more than 2-3 ingredients, without GMO’s, or chemicals or other yucky stuff ). They ate all the hummus with chips, so they ate it with chips and carrots.
Here is the recipe and hope you like it, if you do, please share it. Tell me how it went in the comments section, by mail or post a photo on Instagram with #piloncilloyvainilla.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- In a toaster oven or in a skillet roast the chilies and garlic. Roast the garlic with the skin on so it doesn't burn.
- Peel the garlic and add with the jalapeño peppers and other ingredients in the bowl of the food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Pulse for three times and then let it run until all the ingredients are well integrated and have creamy consistency.
- Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Serve with chips, carrots, cucumber, etc.