This kale and Brussel sprouts salad is perfect and festive and inviting. Yes, it is so inviting that even the non-salad lovers will eat some.
Kale and Brussel’s sprouts are in my top ten favorite greens list. I love how they taste, how easy is to cook with them and madly in love with all the benefits they give us.
The funny thing is that I hatted sprouts when I was a kid. I remember once, my dad made me eat a whole bowl of them because I wouldn’t stop complaining about how aweful they tasted.
Now I love Brussel sprouts so much I can even eat them for breakfast. So… thanks, dad…😉.
Kale and Brussel sprout benefits.
Kale and Brussels are from the same family; they are both cruciferous vegetables with tons of health benefits. Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense greens on the planet. WOW. I know. So I love to eat tons of it and you should too.
And if you prepare this kale and Brussels sprouts salad it will be super easy to consume cruciferous pretty often. The crunchiness and sweetness of the apples combined with the burst of the tartness of the pomegranate make every single bite of this salad a dream.
And it is so E-A-S-Y to prepare… really is one of the best kale and Brussel sprouts salads ever.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- In this post, I share how to make the best kale salad. Well, one of them.
- Let me tell you how to prepare the kale for the salad. it is very easy, you just have to hold the stem in one hand and strip the leaves away from you with the other hand.
- Here is how to use the kale stems: chop them and put them in the salad, Chop and add them to soups, use the stems in juices or smoothies or giver them to your dog. Miko loves them.
- Kale is a very fibrous green, chop it in small pieces for a better experience. Also, it is a bit sturdy, massage it with the dressing or use a dressing with a lot of acid, like the one in the recipe card.
- Here are other of my favorite vegan recipes with kale and Brussel sprouts: red lentil and saute kale soup, healthy kale sandwich, kale pesto, kale and white bean quesadilla, Brussel sprouts with agave dijon dressing.
So here is the recipe for this delicious, perfect and super nutritious
kale and Brussel sprouts salad
with sliced apples and pomegranate seeds and a lemon-based dressing that is perfect for this and any other salad. So, if you like it please share the recipe and blog on Instagram, Fb or save it for later on Pinterest.
Kale and Brussel sprouts salad with apple and pomegranate seeds
- 2 bunches of kale
- 15-20 Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium apple sliced
- 3/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons agave honey
- 3/4 of olive oil
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash and pat dry the kale leaves. Separate the leaves from the stems. Cut it into medium pieces, I do it with my hands.
- Slice the Brussel sprouts thinly or use a mandolin. Put them together with the kale in a bowl.
- In a bowl or a jar, with a lid mix all the dressing ingredients. Try it; adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Slowly, drizzle the dressing over the kale and Brussel sprouts.
- With your hands, massage the leaves until they are softer.
- Add the apple and the pomegranate seeds.
The dressing tastes good with any salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.