I’m so happy to finally sit down and write about this book and this lemon and olive focaccia. This recipe is adapted from the nw book of Love&Lemons “Everyday” from Jeanine and Jack.
I’ve always been a huge fan of Love&Lemons‘ blog. I love their beautiful pictures, the design, and their tasty recipes. And this book is as equally amazing. It has more than 100 recipes, the pictures are to die for and it’s full of super helpfful tips. They have a complete page of vegetable roasting times, a ton of ideas for salad dressings and so much more.
All the recipes are really easy to follow and made with real ingredients. Since I got the book I started cooking immediately from i I made the “Lasagna Soup with Vegan Ricotta” which was AMAZING and the “Baked Red Lentil Falafel”. My kids inhaled both.
In the book you’ll find pasta recipes, salads, smoothies, cookies, etc…. there are more than 100 recipes to choose from so… mak yourself a favor and get a copy.
So let me tell you a bit about the lemon and olive focaccia. I decided to make this recipe for two reasons, I love focaccias but somehow the have always been a bit intimidating to prepare. So when I saw the recip here I was all excited to try it. Jeanine’s original recipe for focaccia does not have olives… that is my addition. I don’t know why but I’m obsessed with the lemon-olive flavor combination.
This recipe is very easy to follow but you need time to prepare it so plan acordingly.
Tips and tricks oh hoe to make the best focaccia and how to use it:
- As I told you before, it is very easy to prepare but you need time to let the dough rise.
- If you don’t have a mixer with a hook atachment use your hands.
- If you do not like roasted lemons, you could use cherry tomatoes or just the olives or just the rosemary.
- This focaccia is amazing to prepare sandwiches with, to eat with pesto or any type of tomato sauce. You could even make croutons with it.
Plese let me know if you made it how you made it and if you like recipes like this. I want to post and cook aonly the recipes that you want to see, so leave me a comment or shoot an email, ok? But here is the recipe for
lemon and olive Focaccia
Lemon and Olive Focaccia
- 1 3/4 of warm water 105º-115ºF
- 1 pack of active dry yeast a packet of a ¼ ounce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour plus extra for kneading
- 1 ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ½ cup of olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 2 Meyer lemons thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- Flake salt to finish
- In a medium bowl mix the water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast becomes foamy.
- In the bowl of the mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add the flours, the salt, ¼ olive oil, and the yeast mixture. Mix for 5-6 minutes or until a ball of dough forms around the hook.
- Put the dough on a flat floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough. Form a ball and put it in a bowl brushed with a little olive oil. Cover with plastic and let stand for 40-50 minutes.
- Prepare a 10 x 15-inch baking tray with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for a few more minutes.
- Put the dough on the tray and spread a bit and the flip. Spread the dough again until it covers the whole tray.
- Cover with plastic and let it rise 40 minutes more.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425ºF. Remove the plastic put the slices of lemon, olives, rosemary, and sprinkle the flaky salt. Put a little more olive oil if you wish and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.