I can hardly resist a good slice of bread and coffee or tea in a rainy cold afternoon. I made this bread just because the weather was like that yesterday… not winter or spring yet, just perfect for a tea and a piece of lemon and olive oil bread.
This bread is easy to prepare, full of whole ingredients, vegan and so yummy that you’ll wish you made two batches instead of one. I like to finish this bread with a lemon glaze for a sweeter taste, but if you prefer to eat it as is, it works perfectly well also.
Related content: Muffins with berries
Related content: Lemon hummus with fresh herbs
Here is the recipe of this
lemon and olive oil bread
and I hope you like it, if you do….. PLEASE share the recipe and the blog.
Lemon and olive oil bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut or cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond coconut or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well, add lemon zest.
- Add the mixture to a prepared mold.
- Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a clean toothpick comes out when you insert it into the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before testing and putting the glaze.
- To make the glasé just mix the glass sugar very well with the lemon juice and empty it on top.