This lemon and olive oil loaf is one of the most asked baked goods at home. My kids love it, I leave it and it is perfect for breakfast, for dessert or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
This homemade lemon and olive oil loaf is perfect even for a hostess or birthday gift. This vegan baked good is easy to make, it is moist, fluffy and the flavors are so bright. You can finish it with the smooth-tart-sweet glace, sprinkle it with a bit of powdered sugar or eat as is.
Why are you going to this lemon and olive oil loaf?
- Because this vegan lemon loaf is so easy to prepare, full of whole ingredients, and so yummy that you’ll wish you made two batches instead of one.
- This baked good it is moist and sweet but not too sweet, it has the tartness of the lemon that I mean, who doesn’t like?
- Because you don’t need eggs or butter or any special ingredient. You can make this lemon loaf with all (almost- plus lemons) pantry ingredients.
Some helpful Lemon loaf tips
- DO NOT forget to grease your pan. Even though this loaf has olive oil in it, it can stick. So butter or oil your pans!
- You can use any other vegetable oil in the batter; it tastes delicious with olive oil, but feel free to use another.
- Remember that when zesting the lemons, you only want the yellow part of the peel. The white part is sour, and that is NO BUENO.
- Do not over mix. This loaf is vegan, so the leavening agents are baking soda and baking powder, which makes a reaction with the lemon juice. It can get bubbly, no worries, it is normal. But please, do not over mix the batter trying for them to go away.
- If you do have a big sweet tooth omit the lemon glace.
Here are other vegan bakedgoods recipes that I think you will love:
- Vegan glazed doughnuts.
- Carrot cake with orange glaze
- Baked oats with pumpkin spice
- Apple and cinnamon baked doughnuts
Here is the recipe for this lemon and olive oil loaf- bread and I hope you like it as much as we do. Please share a recipe of your loaf on Instagram, Fb, or save it for later on Pinterest. I want to see your creations.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Lemon and olive oil loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond coconut or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well, add lemon zest.
- Add the mixture to a prepared mold.
- Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a clean toothpick comes out when you insert it into the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before testing and putting the glaze.
- To make the glasé just mix the glass sugar very well with the lemon juice and empty it on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.