This vegan lemon poppy seed muffins recipe is easy, delicious and perfect to have with a coffee at breakfast or tea in the afternoon. The best part of this recipe is deciding if you want to bake muffins, a bundt cake, or a loaf. This recipe works either way.
A few years ago, I took Sofia to a doctor’s appointment. She was about 6-7 years old, and while we were waiting for the results, she said: “Mommy, why don’t we go get some coffee while we wait?” I thought it was an idea perfect because, as you already know, these appointments are always VERY early in the morning (before 7:00 a.m.). So we went.
We arrived, and I bought her a poppy seed lemon muffin, a juice, a hot chocolate and sat down to talk. Sofia was happy, sitting on a chair eating her lemon muffin. We talked a lot… she told me about her teacher, her friends, and a “thousand” other things. From that day, between soccer games, between extra classes, at the end of school, or when we can, we go get a “coffee.”
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON muffins
- All-purpose flour, you can use whole wheat flour as long as it is finely ground. If you are going to use white flour, it is better to use an unbleached one.
- Baking powder if you can look for a baking powder WITHOUT aluminum.
- Baking soda.
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil
- Maple syrup; you could also use agave syrup.
- Unrefined sugar
- Rice milk, almond milk, or other plant milk
- Lemon juice
- Poppy seeds
- Lemon zest
why WILL you FALL IN LOVE WITH these lemon muffins
- We use the whole lemon. This lemon bread is made with juice and zest of lemons.
- Lemon benefits. Everything that lemons do for us is impressive; I know the first thing that comes to mind is vitamin C, great for colds and boosting the immune system. But lemons are also a significant source of phytonutrients and antioxidants that take care of the heart, help us cleanse the liver, and have a lot of magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- One bowl. There is no need to use or take out a mixer or any other kitchen gadgets; you do everything in one mixing bowl. The key is to put the ingredients in the order that the recipe calls them for.
- Different shapes. You can make muffins, you can make a bundt cake, or you can make a loaf.
- Low in sugar. This bread does not have a glaze on top, but you can put it; it is totally optional.
How to make vegan lemon poppy seed muffins?
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients minus the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and poppy seeds. Mix.
- Divide the dough into your favorite baking pan. Bake and enjoy
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for these vegan lemon poppy seed muffins, and I hope you like them as much as we do. I really hope that they serve you as an excuse to sit down and have a “coffee” with someone special. If you like the recipe, please post a picture of what you make on Instagram or Fb. If you are making this later, save it on Pinterest. I love seeing what you do.
It would also be great if you could rate this recipe and leave a comment.
VEGAN LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- 2 cups wheat flour best unbleached
- 1/4 cup of unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder if you can make it without aluminum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of rice or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350º F / 180ºC.
- Prepare a muffin tray with muffin liners
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the oil, maple syrup and add the milk. Mix perfectly.
- Add the lemon juice, the poppy seeds and the lemon zest to the mix .
- Divide the mix into the 12 muffins. Bake for 20 to 25min.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.