This is the only agua fresca you need for hot summery days. Imagine a glass full of lime cucumber agua fresca with mint; it is refreshing, bright, sweet, and tart.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This classic Mexican recipe, agua fresca de pepino (cucumber agua fresca) is delicious, but it is also fresh and perfect for cooling off on any hot day and has nutritional benefits.
Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants; they have very few calories and promote hydration. I like to leave the skin on, as it also contains a lot of fiber.
WHAT IS agua fresca?
Aguas Frescas are typical non-alcoholic beverages throughout Mexico. Typically, they are made with fruit or grains. Hibiscus water, horchata, strawberry water, limeade, tamarind, pineapple, and watermelon agua fresca are typical everywhere in Mexico.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CUCUMBER agua fresca
- Cucumbers. Use whatever type of cucumber you have at home. I usually buy English or Persian cucumbers because they have the fewest seeds.
- Mint. It is better to use fresh mint. If you don’t have it, you can substitute it with basil or spearmint.
- Seedless limes. As this agua fresca is blended, I add the whole lime. I cut it in half, check that it has no seeds, remove the skin and the white part, and put it in the blender. If you want, you can add lime juice only.
- Sugar. I use granulated sugar but use the sweetener of your choice.
HOW TO MAKE this recipe
- Prepare the cucumbers by cutting them into large pieces. Separate the mint leaves from the stem, peel the lemons, and check that they do not have seeds.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender container, and add sugar to taste and water. Blend until everything is well integrated.
- Strain and pour into a large pitcher. If necessary, taste and add more water, and serve in a glass with lots of ice, thinly sliced cucumbers, and limes.
🔥Tips & tricks for the best cucumber lime agua fresca
- Adding the whole lemon makes the agua fresca taste more lemony and slightly tart. If you prefer, you can add just the lime juice.
- This recipe for fresh cucumber limeade is best freshly made when the flavors are at their maximum and when it is most refreshing.
- If you want to make it ahead of time, use lime juice and not the whole lime.
- Press with the back of a wooden spoon the pulp against the sieve to get the most juice out of it. Use an old kitchen towel or nut milk if you don’t have a fine-mesh sieve.
- Serve with lots of ice cubes, lemon, and cucumber slices. Finish with fresh mint leaves.
Other recipes that you may like:
Cucumber fresh water with lemon and mint
- 3 small cucumbers in pieces
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 limes, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Blend all the ingredients. Strain and serve in a glass with ice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.