I’ll give you the recipe in a minute, but first, let me tell you what is AGUACHILE! Aguachile is an amazing Mexican dish, think as it if was a type of ceviche. It is normally made with raw fish or shrimp cooked in a sauce made with lime juice, chile, cilantro, and cucumbers. It is fresh, easy and full of vitamins and minerals, the kind of food that makes you feel full of energy and even makes you wanna dance a bit.
My vegan aguachile version is made with cauliflower, and it is absolutely delicious. Just imagine tiny raw cauliflower florets with an amazingly fresh and spicy lime sauce with crunchy cucumber and red onion slices. Sounds good right?
Related content: Homemade sopes
In this post you'll learn how to make vegan aguachile, a classic Mexican dish veganized.Click To Tweet
So here is the recipe for my version of
and I hope you like it as much as I do. If you do please share, the recipe, and the blog.
Cauliflower vegan aguachile
- 1 cauliflower cut in florets
- 1 cucumber divided in two ((peeled if not organic))
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 chile serrano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cubed avocado
- Cut the cauliflower head into very small pieces and put them in a large bowl, set aside.
- In the blender vase put the lemon juice, salt, half cucumber, garlic clove and serrano chile. Blend for three minutes and pour over the cauliflower florets. Try and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cube the other half of the cucumber into small pieces and put them with the cauliflower. Stir well and finish with the red onion slices and the avocado pieces.
- Serve with corn tortillas, tostadas or corn chips.