This mango ceviche is super easy to prepare and its flavors are the best. This ceviche has bright and light flavors. It is fish or shrimp free and perfect in every way.
I love this mango ceviche. It is very fresh and perfect for entertaining. With this recipe, you can serve something fresh, Mexican authentic, and worry-free. This mango ceviche is worry-free because you can serve it to EVERBODY even children and do not worry about the fish or shellfish allergies.
What is ceviche?
Ceviche is a Latin American seafood dish. It is usually made with raw fish or shellfish cooked in lemon or other citrus juice. It is seasoned with chiles, fresh or dried herbs, and other aromatics. There a lot of types of ceviches, and each Latin American country has its version of it. There are Peruvian, Ecuatorian, Chilean, Colombian, and of course, the Mexican version.
It has fresh, bright flavors and it is usually served as an appetizer.
How to make vegan mango ceviche?
It is so easy to prepare that I promise you’ll soon memorize the recipe and hopefully eat it all summer. There are three steps for this mango ceviche.
- Slice the onion and add to it the lemon juice.
- In the meantime peel and slice the mango.
- Add the mango to the onion, season and mix. Serve individually or in big salad bowl but always serve with crunchy tortilla chips or tostadas.
Which type of mango is best for ceviche?
The best mangoes for ceviche are mangos with firm flesh or you could use mangos that are a bit under-ripe so they can hold their shape in the dish. For this dish or salsas, I love Tommy mangoes or any other variety that has a greenish peel tone.
✎TIP The easiest way to peel a mango is with a vegetable peeler or a very sharp.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- This ceviche is best eaten the day it is prepared.
- Serve it with tostadas, corn chips, or potato chips.
- If you don’t want your ceviche very hot, remove the seeds and veins of the serrano chili pepper or jalapeño pepper.
- I like to serve this vegan dish two ways: as individual treats in small glasses or for big crowds in a big salad bowl .
- It also tastes amazing as a salad or over white or brown rice.
- Here are other vegan authentic Mexican ceviche recipes that I think you will enjoy:
So here is the recipe for this delicious and epic
If you have comments, questions or suggestions please share on the comment section below. It would also be great if you could rate this recipe.
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 lemons its juice
- 1 Tommy mango not fully ripe
- 1 jalapeño seedless and minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice the onion and put it in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- Peel the mango with a vegetable peeler and then julienne.
- Add to the bowl with the onion and lemon juice. Add the minced jalapeño pepper, salt, and olive oil.
- Mix well, taste and adjust the flavor if necessary.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips, avocado or steamed rice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
La información nutricional de esta receta y de todas en la pagina es aproximada. Los valores exacto no estan garantizados.