Madly in love with the combination of flavors of this smoothie, it is creamy, filling and so fresh. I like to use it as breakfast or have it in the fridge for the healthiest after school snack ever.
Every time my kids get back from school they are soooo “hangry” HUNGRY+ ANGRY. And I know this term really does not exist, but wooooww, the meaning is sooo real.
I like to have smoothies in the fridge especially for the days that we run a lot and have to give the kids a quick healthy snack. Smoothies are so great to add extra fruits and veggies and even greens to our diets. Everything tastes delicious once blended!
A cool trick I learn years back is that kids will drink almost anything in colorful sippy cups or cups with caps and cool straws. So, if you have a picky eater, most likely, this will do the trick.
This creamy and fresh and delicious smoothie is a win win here at home. Here is the recipe and if you like it please share.
Smoothie de mango y toronja: super sano y rápido.
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or raw almonds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1/4 cup cooked or soaked oats.
- Soak the oats and nuts for 20 minutes or overnight.
- When they are soft, drain and place in a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or leave it in the fridge. It will hold perfect for a couple of hours.
If you prefer, you can substitute nuts and water with a cup of coconut milk or almond milk.
You can also replace grapefruit juice for orange juice.