I know you love te eat healthily, and I know that you love recipes that come together really fast. This Mexican quinoa salad is for you.
And I’m 100% sure that you are going to love it. It is done in one big pot. Yes, in the same pot that you cook the quinoa, you mix the rest of the ingredients and voilá… dinner/lunch comes together in a blink. This quinoa salad has:
- tomato+ onion+ cilantro + jalapeño= PICO DE GALLO
- black beans+hominy
- pumpkin seeds
- And… creamy cilantro dressing
I know… this is so delicious. And believe me when I tell you this vegan Mexican quinoa salad is perfect for everyone. When I was testing it, I shared it a lot and then asked for opinions. Every single opinion was positive, some asked me for the recipe and others for my method for cooking quinoa.
I prepared this salad with my new cookware from Royal Prestige® and the quinoa came out fluffy and perfect.
I don’t know if you remember that a couple of months ago I was in Madison, WI. I was there at Royal Prestige® headquarters, and I shared everything on Instagram. Well, I was there to learn all about their products, and I truly loved them.
If I ever made a wishlist of all of the things that I wanted in a cookware set, this system has them all. Its handles are ergonomic, they are very easy to clean and they are oven resistant, it has a REDI-TEMP® VALVE that whistles when it’s time for the next cooking step, and the lids have a SILICHROMATIC RING™ that helps seal the steam inside the cookware for better nutrient retention and time control.
But my favorite part is that you can cook waterless and with no or very little oil. This cookware has a proven cooking method that preserves the nutritional value and flavor of your dishes. How cool is that???
But, let me tell you a bit more about this recipe. I used the 6qt dutch oven from Royal Prestige Novel cookware set. And yes, I just used one pot, isn’t it great?? I love this pot size because you can cook without a problem 2 cups of quinoa and have extra space to mix in the rest of the ingredients.
So here is the recipe for this amazing and delicious
Mexican Quinoa salad
and I hope you like it as much as
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can 454 gr /1 lb posole
- 1 ½ cups of black beans or 1 can without liquid
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 cup of tomato chopped
- 2 limes juice
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 diced avocado
Creamy cilantro dressing
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions white and green part
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- A good pinch of salt
- In a large pot (6 qput the water, quinoa, and cover. If you use Royal Prestige pots, leave the valve open. Leave at medium-high temperature for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- With the Royal Prestige pots, wait for the valve to whistle, uncover and add the salt; Cover again with the valve open. When it whistles again, lower the temperature, close the valve and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- When quinoa is done, fluff and let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Add the olive oil, red onion, frozen corn kernels, posole, black beans, jalapeño, lime juice and finally the chopped tomato.
- Finish with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with the creamy cilantro sauce.
To make the creamy cilantro sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend until everything is well incorporated. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.