This delicious apple cider cocktail is perfect for fall! Made with apple cider and mezcal and served with cinnamon. It’s the ideal way to enjoy the season!
Why I love this recipe
This is a very easy apple cider cocktail that comes together with easy-to-find ingredients (I’m pretty sure you have most of them at home); it is so tasty, full of warm flavors highlighted by the smokiness of the mezcal.
This apple cider drink sounds more complicated and complex than it is. The flavor hits the mark.
Ingredients for the mezcal apple cider cocktail
- Apple cider, use your favorite one.
- Mezcal. In a pinch, you could use tequila, but I do like how the smokiness of the mezcal pairs with the spiced apple cider and citrus juice.
- Agave syrup, love how the sweetness of the syrup pairs with the mezcal.
- Orange and lemon juice.
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
How to rim the glass
Rim the cocktail glass by rubbing a halved lime or lemon on the rim of each glass, then invert the glass onto a plate with two tablespoons of sugar, one teaspoon of kosher salt, and one teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
How to make this apple cider cocktail?
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or mixing glass. You do not need to add ice to the mixing glass; the cocktail is served with lots of ice.
- Strain and pour into a rimmed cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Want to make it for a crowd?
This mezcal drink is so easy to make for a crowd! Double or triple the recipe and prepare in a pitcher.
Garnish with apple slices or diced apples; you could make little stars as I did in the Hibiscus sangría.
Mix well before serving and pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice and rimmed with the salt, sugar, and ground cinnamon mix.
Other cocktail recipes that you may like:
- Margarita, watermelon, and jalapeño
- Mulled wine
- Blueberry and lavender syrup boozy slushie
- White wine peach slushie
- Best spicy mezcal cocktail
Mezcal Apple Cider Cocktail
- 2 oz apple cider
- 2 oz mezcal
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Strain and pour over a rimmed cocktail glass with ice.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
- If you want to make this cocktail for a crowd, double, triple, quadruple the recipe and mix in a pitcher.
- You could use tequila instead of mezcal but you are going to loose the smokiness of this drink.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.