Search no more for the best candy ever, yes, these moonballs are vegan and to die for.
REALLY! These vegan moonballs are a dream came true. These little sweet candy moonballs are made with coconut and almond butter. Delicious right?
They are fun to prepare and come together in a pinch. Imagine adding everything into your food processor, forming the moonballs and then covering them in chocolate. Fun right??? I know that is why these little homemade vegan candies are winners in my household.
Related content: Chocolate vegan pie
So here is the recipe for these amazingly fast, delicious and kind of healthy
Moonballs, vegan coconut and almond candy
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or wafers
- Maldon salt *
- In the food processor with the sharp blade, place the coconut and let it run until it looks like rice grains.
- Add the cream of almond, vanilla, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Turn on the processor until everything is well integrated.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Spoon a little mixture with your hands and form balls. Press really hard until the mixture is firm. Try not to roll the balls in the palm of your hand.
- Put them in the pan and place them in the freezer, for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- When the chocolate is melted, add one by one the coconut balls, turn them until they are well coated, take them out and put them on the cold tray.
- If you want you can sprinkle some grated coconut or Maldon salt do it right after taking them out of the chocolate.