This recipe for mulled wine is so full of flavor and festive. It is delicious and very easy to prepare.
I’m not a huge fan of drinks. Funny, I know. I’m a Mexican that doesn’t like tequila or margaritas, or any other type of hard liquor. I like wine, red and white, but that’s it. During winter time, I love to drink mulled wine. I even crave it! The warm sweet wine filled with spices and the fresh citrus notes of the orange on every sip. I prepare my mulled wine with organic apple juice and serve it with pomegranate seeds and thinly sliced apples.
Related content:Banana S’mores
Related content: Red wine chocolate cake
To serve, I prefer to use small glasses than regular wine glasses or even cups. It looks prettier and yummier. Here is the recipe for this, delicious and super festive
made with apple juice, spices and served with pomegranate seeds and sliced apple.
Mulled wine served with pomegranate seeds and sliced apple
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 750 ml bottle of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pieces of cinnamon
- 2 large pieces of orange zest
- 3 pieces of whole cloves
- 1 piece anise star
- 1 pomegranate peeled and seeded
- 1 apple sliced as thinly as possible
- Orange zest to taste
- In a large pot put the apple juice, red wine, cinnamon, cloves, sugar, and star anise to simmer over low heat.
- When the sugar dissolves and the species begin to release their aroma, turn off the heat and serve.
- I like to serve it in glasses with pomegranate seeds, apple slices, and orange zest.