I know, chocolate again. It’s my obsession, every day I like to eat a piece of dark chocolate. Chocolate chocolate, not milk chocolate, or anything else. I like the dark chocolate, 70% or more.
Lately, I’ve seen a lot of studies where they talk about how good it is to eat a piece of chocolate occasionally
or every night like me, the ideal is to eat it once or twice a week. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and helps prevent some diseases.
Sometimes at night, well, almost always, when the kids go to bed and there is peace in my house again. I eat frozen cherries or blueberries (which always have to smoothies) in a bowl with a few pieces of chocolate, mmmmm I love it. So the other day surfing the internet, I saw an idea that kinda looked like these delicious and addictive frozen bites.
It is exactly what I do at night but well done and with yummy extras. This is not a recipe, it is an idea. If you like frozen bananas dipped in chocolate, I’m sure you’ll love these, so far they are easier to eat and prepare.
All you have to do is melt chocolate and dip half a slice of fruit in it and top with walnuts, pistachios, coconut, raspberries … and freeze it, and wow, yumminess is done! Here is the “recipe”, if you like please share it.
Chocolate covered frozen fruit bites
- 1/4 cup very good quality chocolate
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwifruit
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons powdered dried raspberries
- Prepare the fruit by peeling and slicing it.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper or a silicone mat, this is to prevent the fruit from sticking on the tray when freezing.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Put the coconut, raspberry or what ever you want on a small dish.
- Dip half of a slice in the chocolate and then pass it through the topping.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and freeze them for about two hours or until fully frozen.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.