I’m madly in love with soups, and this one is one of my favorites.
Vegan Navy beans Soup
Perfect vegan and vegetable soup
- 1 chopped leek white and light green part
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 cups of cooked navy beans or 1 can
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale or spinach leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- to serve
- 1 baguette or whole wheat rustic bread torn into small pieces
- olive oil
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and place over heat, add the vegetables and salt. Sweat them for a couple of minutes, do not let them brown. The idea is that vegetables release their flavor. Leave for 5-7 minutes or until the leek and celery are semi-transparent.
- Add water or vegetable broth, white beans and leave covered for about 10 minutes. At the end add the kale leaves and pepper.
- When the kale leaves are tender and soup simmers, try for seasoning, adjust if necesary.
- Serve in bowls, top with pieces of bread and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.