I’m madly in love with soups, and this one is one of my favorites. I won’t be sharing more than the recipe for this post. As I was telling you before, I took the decision to keep it short so I could keep up with the Spanish version.
I fell behind translating and posting in English. So before the list of unpublished posts gets bigger and bigger, here is the recipe.
Navy beans, kale and mirepoix soup.
- 1 <g class="gr_ gr_67 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="67" data-gr-id="67">finlye</g> chopped leek white and light green part
- 2 celery stalks <g class="gr_ gr_68 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="68" data-gr-id="68">finly</g> chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 cups of cooked navy beans or 1 can
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 <g class="gr_ gr_69 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling" id="69" data-gr-id="69">handfulls</g> of kale or spinach leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- to serve
- 1 baguette or whole wheat rustic bread torn into small pieces <g class="gr_ gr_65 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="65" data-gr-id="65">pices</g>
- olive oil
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and place over <g class="gr_ gr_66 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="66" data-gr-id="66">medium high</g> heat, add the vegetables and salt. Sweat them for a couple of minutes, do not let them brown. The idea is that vegetables release their flavor. Leave for 5-7 minutes or until the leek and celery are semi-transparent.
- Add water or vegetable broth, white beans and leave covered for about 10 minutes. At the end add the kale leaves and pepper.
- When the kale leaves are tender and soup simmers, try for seasoning, adjust if necesary.
- Serve in bowls, top with pieces of bread and <g class="gr_ gr_64 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling" id="64" data-gr-id="64">bathes</g> finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Compra el mejor pan que consigas, que no tenga ingredientes de más, y si lo compras integral mucho mejor.